Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2 Elway White 94 Throwbacks- What are the odds?

I absolutely appreciate American Memorabilia's stance here. It's great that they'll never offer one of these again, even though their authenticator says it's "game used"

It's refreshing that AMI is willing to override the authenticator.

I applaud everyone's efforts here which put all of this in motion.

Perhaps that might mean the end of auction houses saying "Well the authenticator said it's good, then it's good" when actual evidence is offered

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I agree that it's great what AMI's stance on this is....but I think it's just a sugar coating because the real problem is Lampson, and as long as they continue to use him they will have many issues...they would be sooo much more respected if they got rid of that guy

VA's stance is absolutely dispicable

FYI- This ended (not counting the buyer's fee) at $2071.88

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    FYI- This ended (not counting the buyer's fee) at $2071.88
    ... and without our ever having received a response to our e-mail of 4/9 to Steve Jensen re: his intent to dialog with Lou on this item.

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

The Elway throwback which was listed and pulled off the auction block by AMI at the top of this thread is now available in Vintage Authentics.

Photos from the pulled AMI listing show the autograph and threads surrounding match the current Vintage Authentics listing.

Vintage Authentics
    http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=92463744

AMI
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=35956

Interesting to note that the pulled AMI listing is now headlined "ASK VICTOR Being Sold FOR BOB CASE for this 1994 John Elway Game-Worn, Signed Throwback Broncos Jersey"

Is Bob Case the same Bob Case that's a member of the 100% Authentic Team of authenticators that they use? If so, might that be conflict of interest?

I would ask those questions to the good people at AMI, but they stopped responding to my questions long ago.....

Dave O'Brien, you were incredibly helpful in getting this jersey pulled from the original auction

(see http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...53&postcount=9 )

Any chance you can find out if Bob Case was the consignor and is a member of the 100% Authentic team? Also, does AMI allow its authenticators to consign items?

Thank you
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The Elway throwback which was listed and pulled off the auction block by AMI at the top of this thread is now available in Vintage Authentics.

Photos from the pulled AMI listing show the autograph and threads surrounding match the current Vintage Authentics listing.

Vintage Authentics
    http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=92463744

AMI
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=35956

Interesting to note that the pulled AMI listing is now headlined "ASK VICTOR Being Sold FOR BOB CASE for this 1994 John Elway Game-Worn, Signed Throwback Broncos Jersey"

Is Bob Case the same Bob Case that's a member of the 100% Authentic Team of authenticators that they use? If so, might that be conflict of interest?

I would ask those questions to the good people at AMI, but they stopped responding to my questions long ago.....

Dave O'Brien, you were incredibly helpful in getting this jersey pulled from the original auction

(see http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...53&postcount=9 )

Any chance you can find out if Bob Case was the consignor and is a member of the 100% Authentic team? Also, does AMI allow its authenticators to consign items?

Thank you
    Eric

Eric...it is the same Bob Case...

from what I've heard, there are many top items in AMI's auctions that come from their authenticators....ie Case and Lampson

again, this is what I've heard from reliable people...sometimes the items actually sell and sometimes they are just for show to make it look like they have nice items in every auction....these guys are protected from their items selling for less than what they would get rid of them for...

When did Lifetime start making documentaries on "game used" jerseys? That's the sappiest auction I've ever seen.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

American Memorabilia has taken down the information on the Elway that they pulled from auction. But don't worry, that information is still available here...

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...&client=safari

Dave O'Brien, I know you're very close with the people at American Memorabilia. Any chance you can get answers to the questions I posed before? I'm sure collectors would appreciate knowing if they allow their authenticators to consign items.

Thanks

I haven't asked but I think that Bob can consign something as long as he doesn't authenticate it. What would be the problem there? I think this is done at many auction houses...

Regards,
    Dave