Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Uniform/Jersey Collections - store or display?

Swoboda I would love to see that collection..Burnitz and Ventura were 2 of my favorite players..I use photobucket.com for all my pics..Its easy to use if you need any assistance give me a shout..

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Untill I figure out how to properly download photos,here's what I did with items I had belonging to one player. With no real intent ,I found myself with a g/u jersey and then two g/u bats belonging to robin ventura. You now become on the lookout for additional items that can round out a shadowbox collection. I have a 4' x 4' x 5" homemade shadowbox,,hinged at the top(plexiglass and pine to keep it as light as possible.) I then acquired white g/u pants w/ripped dirt stain. Pants hanging vertically on the left w/2 bats also vertically in front of them.Jersey on the right with 4 PSA rookie cards at the bottom right with a newspaper article on foamboard. Now a game used batting glove or Topps signed contract will finish this presentation off perfectly.
    I have a similar accumulation of items for Viola,Burntitz,Payton. But sadly,all too few walls in the downstairs family room

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I keep about 50 of my favorites displayed, folded, in a upright case with a sliding door. I usually have 6 maniquins on display that I change the jerseys on pretty regular. The remainder of my jerseys I keep in a cedar chest. I do not leave this room exposed to outside light very often.

Everything that I have mounted in picture frames are behind UV protective glass. I don't worry a lot about dust. As long as they are clean and dry that come off easy

The maniquins can be bought from National Equipment in Kansas City, MO. They sent me a catalog and were easy to do business with.

Roger
    Roger, i went to the web site but do not see any maniquins that have broad shoulders like yours...do you have anything extra under your jerseys to broaden the shoulders?

Thanks

Matt

Long time reader, 25 year collector, first post. Nice sports rooms. Here's my example of a proper college football display. Please copy and paste this link;

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/deaconsh...60762396210013

Enjoy, Shawn

www.goldensportscollection.com

Nice collection ...Are all the helmets and jerseys game worn?? Is hat Marion Barber hangin on your wall

All the jerseys are game worn, w/ the exception of a very few that were worn preseason (for a couple NFL jerseys). All the helmets were game worn w/ the exception of the 1972 Hawkeyes which was a helmet lamp at one time. I had my friends at Helmet Hut put in the suspension. It'll do till I can find a gamer.

And yes, both of those are Marion Barber game worn jerseys on the wall. One from his Gopher days, and one Cowboys rookie jersey.

Thanks for the kind words! Shawn

Shawn, sweet display - in fact, great ideas from everyone. Where did you get the frames that you have the Barber jerseys displayed from? thanks

i put some in display cases and others i hang under plastic on a wire rack that was purchased from lowes/home depot. the racks are nice because you can put hats or balls on the top display shelf.

take care
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thome with the Crews Olin patch....Very nice Indians collection..That Thome is awseome...

John,
    Is that a Thome game use with Olin/Crews patch ?
    Roger

PK

I have shoulder pads on the forms. The forms I have the most of are the #82/S.

I got the best price on new pads from Dick's Sporting goods. I bought the Bike Viper's in L & XL.

Football jerseys just do not look right without the shoulders being filled out properly.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images