Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Blue Jays 10th Anniversary Patch

I have a friend who's looking for one of these to add to an '86 (?) gamer. Does anyone have any leads on where he could locate an authentic one?
    Thanks much,
    Jason
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Re: Blue Jays 10th Anniversary Patch

There was one on eBay like a week ago. If you contact the seller I'm sure he still has it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-TORONTO-BLU...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Kyle. I didn't even look at eBay. He mentioned seeing a few around but he didn't think they were exactly like the ones used in '86. I told him I'd come on here and see if anyone had ties to an original one.

By the way, I just picked up a sweet '77 home Braves pinstripe used by Jerry Royster. The guy I bought it from is the one looking for the Jays patch. Enjoy...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

jason,

the patch mentioned on ebay is a retail patch. not even close to the one sewn on the gamers. i don't know where you can find a real original. murf denny might have one actually. ask him. from what i recall, he's got thousands of patches. here's his website: http://www.murfandpat.com/

be sure to specify you're looking for an original patch that was sewn on the gamers, not some retail version. it'd be shame to screw up a legit '86 gamer with a retail patch.

for your reference, here is what the patch should look like:

rudy.

Rudy,

Thanks very much. I'll be sure and pass along a shot of the actual patch. He did mention that he contacted Murf, but Murf didn't have any at the time. I agree that a retail patch wouldn't have a place here.

-Jason