Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Note on 1961 Kubek Pants

Hey everyone

I wanted to point something out about an item that I consigned in the current Vintage Authentics Auction. It's a pair of 1961 Tony Kubek pants.

According to the description it was authenticated by Lou Lampson.

I wanted people to know that the Kubek pants originally came from a lot of two items from a mastronet auction (the other item was a pair of Casey Stengel pants)

That lot came with a letter from SCDA (which became MEARS) For some reason the LOA covered both pairs of pants. I kept the Stengel pants but am consigning the Kubek pants, so I sent a copy of the LOA to Vintage.

If for whatever reason the winner of that lot would like a copy of the SCDA LOA describing the Kubek (and Stengel) pants, I would be happy to send them a copy of it. I'm not sure why it was not mentioned in the Vintage Authentics item description. Perhaps it's because I did not send an original LOA, but rather a photocopy.

Here's the link
    http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=81765928

Best,
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Note on 1961 Kubek Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    According to the description it was authenticated by Lou Lampson.
    Eric,
    Lou needs all the help he can get. Something tells me his reference archive contains more than just your average wire photos and magazine clippings. I'm thinking he's got a pretty good collection of other people's COAs, Broadway Rick auction catalogs, letters from George Weiss, Joe D'Andrea, etc.
    -Jason
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."