Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Quick Question About A Mets Game Used Jersey

Dear Members I Have Recently Purchased A 1986 Ny Mets Darryl Strawberry Batting Practice Jersey From A Reliable Source. The Jersey Has All The Signs Of A Authentic Used Jersey ( Accept For 1 Thing ) On The Sleeve It Has A The Anniversary Patch Which Was Told To Me They Were Put On The Jerseys And Batting Practice Jerseys / Can Any One Clear This Up For Me If It Is True Or Shed Some Light? I Do Appreciate It

Re: Quick Question About A Mets Game Used Jersey

While I'm sure a Mets expert would have much more insight, here's what I know about 86 Mets jerseys:

- the Mets did have a 25th Anniversary patch on the right sleeve of their road and home jerseys.

- Their road and home jerseys in 1986 were made by Goodman.

- The Mets had at least 3 styles of BP jersey in 1986. One was a "home" BP - blue with orange "METS" on the front, made by Goodman. Another was a "road" BP - blue with white "METS" on the front, also made by Goodman. The third was a half-zip, pullover with collar trim and Mets logo sewn on the left breast. These were made by Starter and had the names sewn on the back and numbers sewn on the right shoulder.

See picture below. (Note the last 2 images of the "zip neck" bp are NOT from 1986).

I may be wrong but I don't believe they sewed the "25 yr" patch on any of the 3 styles of BP jersey. Can anyone correct me?

Rudy.

They had the anniversary patch on the windbreakers and custom Starter jackets,but I don't recall seeing it on a "batting practice" jersey. Download a photo if you can.

Banned

The blue pre-game mesh jerseys made by Goodman in 1986 DID NOT have the 25th aniversary patches. Only the home and road Goodman game jerseys had them. Nice research Rudy! (once again)

David

Attached is photo of 3 Rick Anderson GU jerseys from 1986. Home white, Pre-Game road playoff , Road Grey. Note the Pre-game does not have the 25th anniversary patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

David-Very nice Anderson stuff-very nice(golf clap).Excellent photo.
    Robert

David-Your Anderson pre-game warm up jersey ,does it have a set tag to the left of the Goodman label? Is it your opinion that 86 warm-up jerseys have them? thanks
    robert

Banned

Robert, Thanks.

The regular 86 Goodman pre-game did not have the strip tag as did not the home white or road grey Goodmans. This particular pre-game is one that was specially made for the 86 Playoffs and WS. The strip tag you see reads SET P 86. This strip tag was present on the 86 Road greys and home whites used during the 86 NLCS and 86 World Series too.

Regards
    -David

Banned

suave1477:

Can you post pics of the Strawberry jersey w/ the patch? I'm guessing it may be a retail jersey sold to the public back in 86 at the Shea concession stands.

-David

I had Sid Fernandez' '86 Goodman home pre-game, and it also does not have the anniversary patch on the sleeve. It might even be the jersey El Sid is wearing in the photo that Rudy posted (don't know how many sets of home BP tops were issued).

Banned

dear metsbats86/ david I showed pics of this jersey to american memorabilia who are reputable dealers and they felt this jersey was authentic they told me also during the 80's majestic made bp jerseys for the mets / i can send you pics of it - please include an email address and ill send you some pics and let me know what you think