Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Re: I would like to see a game used convention

I'm sorry, but if we're going to do this we should do it right. A week in Hawaii. Now who's gonna pay for this thing?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Hawaii would be nice I vote Eric to pay for all of us lol lol

But on a serious note why not do it in New York I happen to know a great Hall], doesn't cost much and they rent it out all the time to Collector clubs that meet once a month to show off there items and stuff. (With a bar on premises)

Just so happens my father is President of the largest Custom Knife club in the East Coast. And he gets people from all over driving in from far places once a month.

Its not a bad idea?????

Atlanta wouldn't be a bad place to have it

Warren Humphries house in L.A.!

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    Warren Humphries house in L.A.!
    Warren lives in an apartment. He barely has enough room for his pet cat. Besides, Los Angeles is a lame city, filled with lame people. I feel very sad for families who take their summer vacation to Hollywood. Depressing...potholes, derelicts, crackheads, pigeon excrament, general filth, public-defacators, he-shes, smog, earthquakes, graffitti, traffic, people who think they're better than anyone, fair-weathered sports fans, vandals, thieves, con-artists, crooks, wanna-bes...otherwise, Los Angeles is a great place.
    My vote is for the gulf coast of Florida.
    Did I mention the traffic in L.A.?

If you do decide on a convention, you may want to keep the location top secret.

A game used convention has been done. From 1993-98 Gary Hong and Phil Wood developed and promoted the annual Nationals Sports Equipment & Vintage Memorabilia Show in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore area. Each show was typically Friday night and Saturday and Sunday and featured 40 tables of dealers and collectors. No cards or beanie babies were allowed! The shows were very popular; however, its a lot of work, but it can be sucessfully done! The two also published a bimonthly newsletter, Diamond Duds, the only newsletter specifically for collectors of major league baseball uniforms and equipment, from 1991-1998.