Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RKGIBSON
    • Mar 2006

I would like to see a game used convention

I would like to see the formation of a "Game Used Forum Convention". I think it would be good to meet the others that frequent this forum. It would be good to put together a special collection, of unquestionable game used items, from all sports to veiw and eductate each other. Also to buy, sell and trade items. I like to examine items in person. What do you think?

Roger
  • geoff
    • Nov 2005

Re: I would like to see a game used convention

Great idea maybe one day we can make it happen

Comment

• otismalibu
      • Nov 2005

I'll cast my vote for Lou Lampson as the guest speaker at the 1st Annual GUF Convention.

Maybe he could authenticate some NFL helmets for us, assuming he brings his wrenches.
      Greg
      DrJStuff.com

Comment

• kylehess10
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by RKGIBSON
        I would like to see the formation of a "Game Used Forum Convention". I think it would be good to meet the others that frequent this forum. It would be good to put together a special collection, of unquestionable game used items, from all sports to veiw and eductate each other. Also to buy, sell and trade items. I like to examine items in person. What do you think?

Roger
        This is a VERY good idea. There are always tons of card shows out there so there should be "game used shows". Beckett Baseball Card Monthly has a section for card shows and Beckett Elite would be perfect for memorabilia shows.
        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• reed1216
          • Feb 2007

I think a convention would be a great idea. The hockey forums sponser them a few times a year and from what I can gather, they go over very well. In fact, some collectors in Phoenix are having a mini-convention this Saturday. It'll be the first time I will have had the opportunity to meet collectors of game worn hockey jerseys and memorabilia in my immediate area.

Comment

• PK
            • Feb 2006

For hockey there are the most. Meigray hosts one every July at their HQ in New Jersey, plus collectors have hockey game used espos in Vancouver, Boston and Detroit most every year. The Toronto Expo also has game used stuff 2x a year http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

The National in Cali is the big one for non hockey sports

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

I can see the headlines already. "Convention center riot occurs after goers question authenticity of items."
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PK
                For hockey there are the most. Meigray hosts one every July at their HQ in New Jersey, plus collectors have hockey game used espos in Vancouver, Boston and Detroit most every year. The Toronto Expo also has game used stuff 2x a year http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

The National in Cali is the big one for non hockey sports
                I don't think the National is on California every year. This year it is in Ohio.

Well not to go as far as a convention how about jsut like a gathering/meet and greet of the members of the forum just to get it started.

I read somewhere a Baseball Jersey collectors group has started a few years ago in New York and people would meet up once a month at a back room of a bar either wearing there favorite Jerseys or selling Jerseys/Buying and you know conduct business, have fun , talk about baseball , talk about there favorite Jerseys. Things like that.

I would thing that would be a great way to get the ball rolling on this.....

Comment

• Nathan
                  • Nov 2005

I've been working on bringing one to central Ohio for a while now but haven't had much success.

How many out there in collectorland would be up for a sojourn to Columbus for a day or two convention?
                  Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

I'm sorry, but if we're going to do this we should do it right. A week in Hawaii. Now who's gonna pay for this thing?
                    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

Hawaii would be nice I vote Eric to pay for all of us lol lol

But on a serious note why not do it in New York I happen to know a great Hall], doesn't cost much and they rent it out all the time to Collector clubs that meet once a month to show off there items and stuff. (With a bar on premises)

Just so happens my father is President of the largest Custom Knife club in the East Coast. And he gets people from all over driving in from far places once a month.

Its not a bad idea?????

Comment

• kylehess10
                        • Feb 2006

Atlanta wouldn't be a bad place to have it
                        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sylbry
                          I can see the headlines already. "Convention center riot occurs after goers question authenticity of items."
                          Good one! I can see that happening. More time spent questioning the authenticity of each others items at the convention.

On a serious note, this would be great and I would definately go...no matter where it's held.
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

from what I take and I could be wrong but I blieve a good amount of us are from the Northern East Coast so I think somewhere in the North East would be best.

I know I quite a few people I speak with here are from NY NJ PA and OH

Comment

• camarokids
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
                              from what I take and I could be wrong but I blieve a good amount of us are from the Northern East Coast so I think somewhere in the North East would be best.

I know I quite a few people I speak with here are from NY NJ PA and OH

what about the weather??? come on down here to Florida and you can see some "game used" bikini's while you're at it .

Hawaii sounds great but too expensive, unless Eric does agree to pick up the tab......
                              Thank you,
                              David

This is my email address here!
                              dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

Working...