Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I would like to see a game used convention

I would like to see the formation of a "Game Used Forum Convention". I think it would be good to meet the others that frequent this forum. It would be good to put together a special collection, of unquestionable game used items, from all sports to veiw and eductate each other. Also to buy, sell and trade items. I like to examine items in person. What do you think?

Roger

Re: I would like to see a game used convention

Great idea maybe one day we can make it happen

I'll cast my vote for Lou Lampson as the guest speaker at the 1st Annual GUF Convention.

Maybe he could authenticate some NFL helmets for us, assuming he brings his wrenches.

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I would like to see the formation of a "Game Used Forum Convention". I think it would be good to meet the others that frequent this forum. It would be good to put together a special collection, of unquestionable game used items, from all sports to veiw and eductate each other. Also to buy, sell and trade items. I like to examine items in person. What do you think?

Roger
    This is a VERY good idea. There are always tons of card shows out there so there should be "game used shows". Beckett Baseball Card Monthly has a section for card shows and Beckett Elite would be perfect for memorabilia shows.

I think a convention would be a great idea. The hockey forums sponser them a few times a year and from what I can gather, they go over very well. In fact, some collectors in Phoenix are having a mini-convention this Saturday. It'll be the first time I will have had the opportunity to meet collectors of game worn hockey jerseys and memorabilia in my immediate area.

For hockey there are the most. Meigray hosts one every July at their HQ in New Jersey, plus collectors have hockey game used espos in Vancouver, Boston and Detroit most every year. The Toronto Expo also has game used stuff 2x a year http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

The National in Cali is the big one for non hockey sports

I can see the headlines already. "Convention center riot occurs after goers question authenticity of items."
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    For hockey there are the most. Meigray hosts one every July at their HQ in New Jersey, plus collectors have hockey game used espos in Vancouver, Boston and Detroit most every year. The Toronto Expo also has game used stuff 2x a year http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

The National in Cali is the big one for non hockey sports
    I don't think the National is on California every year. This year it is in Ohio.

Well not to go as far as a convention how about jsut like a gathering/meet and greet of the members of the forum just to get it started.

I read somewhere a Baseball Jersey collectors group has started a few years ago in New York and people would meet up once a month at a back room of a bar either wearing there favorite Jerseys or selling Jerseys/Buying and you know conduct business, have fun , talk about baseball , talk about there favorite Jerseys. Things like that.

I would thing that would be a great way to get the ball rolling on this.....

I've been working on bringing one to central Ohio for a while now but haven't had much success.

How many out there in collectorland would be up for a sojourn to Columbus for a day or two convention?

I'm sorry, but if we're going to do this we should do it right. A week in Hawaii. Now who's gonna pay for this thing?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...