Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tom Seaver 1990 "coaches" Jersey

that seaver jersey looks like an iron on number from the reflection? what you think? the mets wouldnt go to great expense for a old times game. ill see if i have an old times game from that time frame, presently watching the crajer jack old timers game from 85 ( they are wearing iron on lettering). JEFF

When the Mets used to do Old TImers games they did provide all of the players with authentic uniforms. Especially so for Seaver, the ONE Hall of Famer in team history.

If you guys want to doubt Ed Dolan, fine by me, perhaps I will get the jersey cheap.

Hello, I'm rather new to this forum, but I think I can help with this Seaver jersey. Before I began collecting game worn jerseys, I used to collect signed replica jerseys. (Mitchell & Ness and others) While shopping at a mall several years ago, I saw this same type signed Mets Rawlings jersey in a memorabilia shop. I thought it was real cool that they tagged it just like a gamer with the inside strip tag so I purchased it. It came with a COA from Scoreboard which certainly did not state anything about it being game used. I think there was a Schmidt and Canseco also available which were also tagged like gamers from Scoreboard. Hopefully this helps.

Danny,

Thanks for the information. Do you still have this jersey and will you be able to post photos. We'd love to compare yours to the one on ebay. If Scoreboard did issue Seaver autographed with some sort of 1990 tagging them and the one on ebay is one of them someone's going to spend a lot of $$ on a autographed unused jersey.

Thanks
    David

Dave,
    Sorry, I don't have it anymore. I got rid of most of the replicas after I got bit by the gamer bug. I used to have a home white Schmidt also, I think it was from 89, with the tagging in the collar. It had a T tag on it also. Again, not a gamer. But the Seaver jersey had the same exact strip tag with a similar placed signature. Dan

Another one with identical tagging, also signed is in the current grey flannel auction. The nameplate on the rear lines up differently on the pinstripes than the one on ebay that Howard mentioned.

Lot 548
    1990 Tom Seaver New York Mets Coaches Worn & Autographed Home Jersey (JSA)
    Lot # 548

On the front left inside tail of the jersey is the "Rawlings" manufacturer's size "46" tag. To the right of the manufacturers tag is an embroidered strip tag that reads "90 2 41" in blue stitch. Across the front of the jersey is "METS". Below that and on the back is the player number "41". Across the back of the jersey is the player name "SEAVER" sewn directly on the jersey. All lettering and numbering is done in blue on orange tackle twill. The jersey is autographed on front in blue marker and rates an 8. The jersey shows wear and appears to have no alterations of any kind. The autograph is accompanied by a LOA from JSA.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Too bad we cannot see from front of the GFA Seaver jersey. Would like to see if the auto is in the same spot as the ebay jersey. If this is a Scoreboard jersey like the one Danny899 had one would think the auto may be in the same location.

Seems like alot of 1990 Seaver autographed jerseys out there.

-David