Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Griffey Should Pay More Attention To Detail....

Forum Readers-
    AS I've discussed here many times, Griffey Jr. realized the huge opportunity to order extra equipment, strictly for the purpose of reselling it to card shops and collectors. He even had other players using his C271 bats during BP and then selling them as if he had used them.

Currently on Ebay is a 1994 home jersey. Maybe Griffey should have told Russell to supply his "extra" shirts with the correct 125th Anniversary patch AND the standard Mariners patches on the sleeves....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-KEN-GRIFFEY...QQcmdZViewItem

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Griffey Should Pay More Attention To Detail....

I do not understand why someone making over $10million a year would feel the need to dupe fans for a few extra $$$.

If thats the case no HOF for him.
    Carlie Mednia III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Banned

Howard and others,

I do not own any Mariners jerseys this early, but is it possible this jersey is not the right one for the COA? It looks like a good replica, but is the 1994 year tag correct. I thought thwy used more of the paper tag. I had someone try and sell me a Frank Thomas HR bat with a Mill Creek COA but was a forged inscription. Just a thought!

now i'm really curious.. does anyone have any photos of the 1994 mariners, at home, showing the right sleeve?

i'm wondering if they wore the 125 patch on their home jerseys?
    i know they wore them on the road and alt jerseys but i can't find any pics at all of the 1994 mariners at home, which is a little strange.

i've found a few that i think are from 1994 but can't be positive. the ones i've found don't show a 125 patch.

at any rate, if ward received the jersey from griffey, i imagine it was likely one of those situations where griffey ordered mass quantities solely for the purpose of giving out to players, vips, charities, etc. how many players were asking griffey for a jersey in the early 90s? dozens at least.

rudy.

Chris could you send me those photos of the Vlad bat?
    Rboitano@charter.net