Quote Originally Posted by trsent
David, what is funny is very rarely is this forum used to discuss positive experiences in the industry...
Having been involved in the collectibles hobby for about 30 years and collecting/researching game-used jerseys for nearly 20 of those years now, I can share a brief review of my experiences:
  • I've had several wonderfully, positive experiences dealing with Grey Flannel (mostly with Andy I.) and have added a number of their pieces to my personal collection; I've also found myself VERY disappointed with them at times for some of the blunders that have slipped through the cracks.
  • I've had positive experiences with Lou Lampson at times, and at others, I've beat my head against the wall wondering what planet he was from
  • I've bought a number of quality pieces from American Memorabilia's auctions and have received top-notch service from Vic M & Co., then again, I've also butted heads with them in frustration on a number of occasions when they were proved dead wrong, but refused to budge
  • Etc, etc (fill in the name of dealer/authenticator)
So what does this tell you? On any given day a person may have positive or negative encounters with any given dealer/authenticator and no one single experience makes or breaks a reputation.

This forum (and others like it, I have found) tends to be a refuge for people to air their petty gripes and frustrations. As someone immersed in a business heavily dependant upon quality, I find that this board is a micro chasm of society in general in terms of views on quality/service.... When someone is treated well, they may very likely tell someone else; when they're treated poorly rest assured that they'll tell 10 people.

Regards,