Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Historic Auctions Won't Allow A Link From GUF

If you click on any of the links from here, it says the following:

** WARNING **

It has been determined, that the site linking to ours may be unscrupulous or may have misleading facts posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us if you have any questions.

Re: Historic Auctions Won't Allow A Link From GUF

It should read "It has been determined that the site linking to ours has pointed out many flaws with supporting evidence in our previous and current auction, which might save people from spending money on an item that is not properly represented. We choose not to address those issues."

Stand up and answer the questions...

This is laughable.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian2630 View Post
    If you click on any of the links from here, it says the following:

** WARNING **

It has been determined, that the site linking to ours may be unscrupulous or may have misleading facts posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us if you have any questions.
    Hello Everyone,

I have actually been able to link the the Historic site via this forum without receiving the message you referenced above. Is anyone still seeing that message?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier

I still get the message. Try to click from one of our threads like this
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8081

I find this incredibly desperate and downright sad.

They seem to be going to new lengths to avoid dealing with the questions about their items.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I still get the message. Try to click from one of our threads like this
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8081
    This is quite interesting. When I click on the link you have attached, it takes me directly to the Strawberry jersey listing on the Historic Auctions page.

Is anyone else also getting this message?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Chris

I'm getting the warning as well.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm getting the warning too. I won't be bidding with them anytime soon. Anyone going to those lengths to distance themselves from concerned collectors that act together to protect one another is not worthy of a dime from me.

I have to give them credit that they spent a lot time and energy and maybe money paying a programmer to block out GUF links---but when I gave James Brown a year ago some constructive ideas on how to improve his auction format such as adding on the search function a way to search by description as well as search by title he never implemented that.

The other idea was after you do a search for say "Ripken" and 10 items show up, they don't have a column showing # of bids which would help to scan hot items.

Personally, I like James Brown and wish him luck. I don't understand why they won't answer the tough questions here. By the way, I also won't bid or consign right now.

My big big question though is why there are so many Lampson COAs vs. last auction using Expert Authentication. Anyone know why??????

Andrew

I am relatively new to the forum, but I just read the thread that dealt with the link between turtlegirl and Historic Auctions. All I can say is WOW!!! It is amazing what people will do to make a buck. I am so glad that online forums, such as this one, are available. Thanks guys!

By the way, I emailed Historic Auctions, prior to reading the thread I mentioned above. In the email, I asked if the blocked links were intentional. I think I know the answer now...