Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Set E??

Set E??

Found this interesting Eli Marrero Mets 2006 jersey on eBay and it has "SET E" on the tag. Are the Mets using A,B,C,D,E,etc. for their set numbers now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELI-MARRERO-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: Set E??

Kylehess if you check the forum it has been discussed here before the Mets using set E jerseys.
    I had one before a Mets Black Alternate Jersey that was a set E and it seems like you have a Black Alternate so maybe it might have to do with Black Alternates.
    Just a Thought!!!

The Nats did Set E also last year on some of their alternates in particular with Soriano and Ryan Zimmerman.

Andrew

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=3498

Hi Kylehess,

here's the link to a thread on Set E, etc. tags.

David

I am not 100% sure if this is covered by the other thread, but it was explained to me quite simply recently, as I bought a Jose Valentin "2007 SET E" Mets jersey.

"E" stands for extra. The team will order a bunch of blanks (no name or number) as "set E." When there is a number change, call up or a similar situation where they might not have a game ready jersey, they do up one of the set E jerseys.

My jersey falls into this scenario -- Jose Valentin changed his number from 18 to 22 at the start of this season. He would have had no #22s orderes and ready for him, and hence he was given set E's.