Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Lampson LOA from American Memorabilia

I was surfing through ebay a few minutes ago and found some White Sox jerseys that had been in the latest American Memorabilia auction. AM had recently and presently been auctioning blocks of three White Sox jerseys in one lot. The really dumb thing about this is Lampson created one LOA for three jerseys on it. Not three seperate LOA's for each jersey, but one LOA for all three. I guess when you have to authenticate an entire catalog in a day or two, you need to cut some corners. I thought all the Lampson fans on the forum would like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Mike-Squire...QQcmdZViewItem

Mike

Re: Lampson LOA from American Memorabilia

I saw the same exact thing for a pair of Torii Hunter & Carlos Beltran game worn cleats. The LOA had both cleats on them.

Seems to be a growing trend, not just with Lampson... I bought a lot of 4 or 5 autographed photos from a different auction house. The photos came with a single PSA/DNA letter covering the authenticity of all of them.

I bought a lot of Tiger Woods signed items form Mastro several years ago and got the 1 LOA too.

Kind of pathetic when you spend that much money and especially when you want to keep one piece from the Lot as was my situation and I was looking to sell the rest and only have 1 original LOA.

Andrew