Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Re: Card Companies and "Game Used" Cards

Medalist Sand Knit did make some Cowboys pants. I thought only Southland made Cowboys jerseys during the D. White era. Thoughts?

I know from first hand witnessing that Historic Auctions/Authentic Sports Inc's owner Brad Wells sent over a dozen fake (new when they were delivered and stone-washed to add wear) NFL jerseys to Donruss in 2005. Donruss sent over a list of jerseys and bats that they needed to fill their orders. Brad sold the football jerseys for over $1500 a piece. Some for as much as $3,000. In one instance, Donruss sent two boxes full of memorabilia (in exchange) for memorabilia they needed. Included in this package was a McGwire 1999 Home Jersey and a few Griffey Jr items.

I've been collecting cards since 1986 and wouldn't buy any of these "game used" cards. The President of these companies cannot guarantee their authenticity. They should make public record of where every item came from.

Bryan Oberle
    281-883-6142
    bryanoberle@gmail.com

enjoy

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Cool Re: Card Companies and "Game Used" Cards

Gotta love that!!

Interesting how the card is of Torii Hunter, but the labeling on the back of the jersey swatch says Manny Ramirez Grey.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Banned

Question Re: Card Companies and "Game Used" Cards

Warren:

Around 1982-83 or thereabouts, the Cowboys replaced Southland with Russell as their uniform supplier. Sand-Knit??? Never seen one that was a Dallas gamer.

Dave Miedema

Here's a nice jersey piece from when Rick was a...Cincinnati Red??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alot of the game used cards have pieces of the equipment etc that you can not pinpoint to a specific game. One of the best Game Used sets to ever be produced was the 2001 Donruss Timeless Treasures set. They noted what game the achievement was from. Some of cards had pieces of game used seats,bats,balls,jerseys etc. The card that i had to get from that was the McGwire card. Some cards that have been prduced have pieces of balls used in a game but they are not the actual ball that made the milestone. The McGwire card is the only McGwire card that has a piece of the actual Ball that was hit for the HR. It is one of if not the only Game used card that has a piece of the actual HR ball. I brought the card to spring training and mac sign it and here it is. It contains a piece of the 9th HR of the 70 HR season of 98'

Re: @ videos that can bring a tear to a GU collector's eye

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    In all seriousness, when did Wilt Chamberlain wear number "5"?

Stand corrected. When I thought it was bogus, I didn't care that it was butchered, but now....
    Look at the placement of that "5". Is that a fuggin' photo-match?
    There's a special place...

I can't stand to keep seeing this picture or video of Alan Narz. I lived in Orlando and frequented his baseball card shop... only because it was the only one around. He makes me cringe for some reason. Maybe it's the dweebieness he emits.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Quote Originally Posted by obeyone10 View Post
    I've been collecting cards since 1986 and wouldn't buy any of these "game used" cards. The President of these companies cannot guarantee their authenticity. They should make public record of where every item came from.
    If they had to do that, they might be pressured into using actual game used material in their cards. And that would be a terrible waste of game used items.