Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bradshaw Helmet -Magic Trick!

Watch this Terry Bradshaw Game Used Helmet in Heritage Auctions via Ebay....the facemask clips magically change from "black" to "clear"......priceless

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...3243301&rd=1,1

Re: Bradshaw Helmet -Magic Trick!

So Terry Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow and Lou Lampson walk into a bar...

I couldn't match this helmet "EXACTLY" to any photos I referenced, even Bradshaw's helmet in the Steelers Hall of Fame at Heinz Field. Here are the issues I've found....

#1 font appears to be different than in the attached photos...notice the slant on the top part of #1. Can't tell about the #2, since there isn't a clear shot from the front.

The Steelers decal is placed to high on the helmet....the Steelers traditionally have their decal just above the ear hole. Also, the decal appears to be placed in the inside of this helmet (clear shell)...some of the photos I've referenced of Bradshaw show wear on the decal, which indicates that the decal is on the outside of the helmet..

Any thought about this Steelers collectors?
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    Watch this Terry Bradshaw Game Used Helmet in Heritage Auctions via Ebay....the facemask clips magically change from "black" to "clear"......priceless

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...3243301&rd=1,1
    Hello beantown,

Has Heritage been asked about the last image on the right of the five having clear facemask clips while the four other images in the sequence have black ones? It justs seems very strange for that to be listed as it is and, rather than anyone speculating as to why, I think the appropriate thing would be to allow Heritage to clear this up for everyone (sorry for the pun).

Please let us know if you have contacted Heritage (or will contact them) or if someone else needs to take the lead in doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Chris,

Hello...I have emailed them to ask them about the helmet's provenance, however, I did not mention the difference in the clips. I will email them on that and post when I receive a response...

Chris,

Hello...I have emailed them to ask them about the helmet's provenance, however, I did not mention the difference in the clips. I will email them on that and post when I receive a response...
    Thank you so much for handling this.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Thank you so much for handling this.

-Chris

Chris,

I still haven't heard back from Heritage on this....if I hear from them, I will let you know. Maybe if you ask they'd respond to you quicker....

Chris,

I still haven't heard back from Heritage on this....if I hear from them, I will let you know. Maybe if you ask they'd respond to you quicker....
    Hello beantown,

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is the fifth image in the sequence now different than it was before? I don't think its the same image although you can still see the clear facemask clips if you look closely.

Am I mistaken? If not, I'm beginning to wonder if David Copperfield may have something to do with this

Sincerely,
    Chris

Yeah, it looks like it's been changed. Are the first pics a little darker now too?

I suggest people immediately save pics, print screen & paste, etc. when you first spot something.

I tried to call them right now, but got voicemail. I am going to try something different, and call them tomorrow, identify myself on the phone and ask for an explanation. I find phone conversations to be easier and less impersonal. I will tell you that this appears to be another switch much like the Winslow helmet and doesn't bode well for these auction houses or for Lou...I will post my findings tomorrow.

Regards,
    Dave