Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyred
    • May 2006

Re: MeiGray to partnership with NBA

Anyone get anything last night? Prices seemed to be pretty high. The same bidder won almost all the big ticket items. A few of the Suns player's went for big money (Bell 3,880 and Barbosa 3,810). Nash went for the most of anyone 4,820. Pretty good for Europe Live pre season jerseys. They did have one of kind designs on the jerseys. Other big names
    Brand 1,275
    Marion 1,120
    Manu G 3,580
    Shaq 3,520
    B Bowen 3,220
    Wade 2,970
    Duncan 2,575
    Iverson 1,770 (Was on Sixers at this time)

An All Star game ball went for 1,350 and a ball from 3pt skills night went for 2,220....

Comment

• gatorcollector
      • Aug 2005

I bid the minimum $250 on the Matt Bonner Spurs jersey from Europe. I couldn't go any higher, but somebody got it for $270. Oh well.

Comment

• worldchamps
        • Dec 2005

Here is a link that takes you to the NBA site where you can look at the results. I think their were some that went for fair values. If you look at the common player on the Spurs they were going for less than $300, and includes the shorts. Seems like you could break up the jersey and shorts and make a little bit?

I bought the Brent Barry Spurs, probably paid a little more than it's value, but at least I can confidently say it is 100% real. I really wanted one of these jerseys pretty bad, I love the red, white and blue trim on the jerseys. And I bought it to keep, this is going in my collection.

I was happy I got a decent player for the value. Compared to the Horry and Bowen, it went signifcantly less.

Find out more about the Sotheby's NBA Auctions sales, including all auction times, lots and locations.
        sigpic

Comment

• kingjammy24
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BarryMeisel

Are those Arod/Palmeiro jerseys legit? I have no idea. I have never authenticated them. But I can tell you they lack the elements of what legit jerseys of those same players during our deal with the Rangers.

Show me an absolutely, 100% rock solid authentic item that was created outside of an exclusive contract, and I will be happy to discuss the issue and investigate what happened.

rudy.

Comment

• whatupyos
            Banned
            • Dec 2005

When will MeiGray actually have jerseys available? I know they had an auction for the special jerseys from the series abroad, but when will they have, say Warriors jerseys available? Anyone know?

Aaron

Comment

• indyred
              • May 2006

Here is the latest news release from Meigray site.

NBA LAUNCHES nbagameworn.com

—New Site Lets Fans Buy Jerseys Worn by their Favorite NBA Stars--

June 7, 2007 -- New York, NY – The NBA and MeiGray Group have introduced nbagameworn.com, a new site that lets fans purchase the game-worn jerseys of their favorite NBA players. nbagameworn.com is part of the NBA and MeiGray Group’s game-worn jersey authentication program.

Authentic game-worn jerseys and game-used basketballs from a variety of teams and events tagged with individually numbered counterfeit-proof tags or NBA Holograms will be available at nbagameworn.com and through NBA Auctions on NBA.com. Every item will be registered in the NBA Authentication Database and all are unconditionally guaranteed.

MeiGray, the Official Game-Worn Source of the NBA, will be offering collectors the highest standards of integrity and reliability for an exciting array of game-worn and game-used items. Every game-worn and game-used item comes from the players and directly off the courts from the league’s most exciting events, under the watchful eyes of an NBA or MeiGray Authentication Program representative.

“We are honored to be working with the NBA,” said Barry Meisel, MeiGray President and Chief Operating Officer. “Collectors across the globe for years have been asking for legitimate game-worn items, and finally, they can be certain they are getting authentic items coming directly from the league.”

Comment

• indyred
                • May 2006

MeiGray has up a bunch of rookie photo shoot jerseys on NBA.com now, with them all having the NBA game worn serial # tags. I know they said they will be getting the 2007 Europe Live special jerseys again. The Celtics with different colored Boston, Timberwolves had red trim, Raptors had some different colors in them. Unique one of kind looks only used in these games. Will be first chance for someone to get a Garnett and Allen Celtics gamer.

Comment

Working...