Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Josh Hancock Rest in Peace!!!

Not to start an agrument Jason, but he did intentionally set out to commit a crime, drinking and driving in and of itself is a crime. Having an accident isn't the crime, the act of CHOOSING to drive after drinking is.

I feel for his family and those that knew and loved him and I definitely don't think that he "deserved" do die, but he took a calculated risk. I've lost friends that made the same decision, I've also watched the families of those that didn't make the choice but were killed by others who did. In my opinion it's a very serious crime that should be punished much more severely than it currently is.

Abe

Banned

Hello KidHof, no argument at all.

But I never said he didn't go out to commit a crime intentionally. I was saying he didn't do it with intent to hurt others.

Thats my point.

Jason,
    I understand your point but I find it to be less than valid. Not wanting to hurt someone while participating in behavior that you know is dangerous to them is really foolishness. He knew, just like everyone else that chooses to drink and drive, that they put others lives in jeopardy. Saying that I never meant to hurt anyone isn't an excuse for selfish and destructive behavior. It won't bring Hancock back nor would it bring back the lives of others had he killed them instead of himself.

Abe

Banned

Abe, I agree with you all im saying is because of his actions doesnt mean he deserved to die.

I don't know about you guys but I find it alarming when commuting home on the Long Island Railroad that beer and hard liquor can be purchased on the platform before boarding the trains. How many of these folks who are having a drink or two on the way home get off at their stop only to get into their cars at the station parking lot to drive back to their homes.

I also find it incredible that gas stations are allowed to sell beer. You can gas up and get a 6 pack too.

Our society makes alcohol too accessible to drivers in my opinion and that's part of the problem.

David

Jason,
    I would never say or think that he or anyone else deserved to die, but I will say that he showed a great indifference for the saftey of himself and those around him. No, he didn't deserve to die, but he did cause his death because of his own choice.

Abe

Banned

yea, he was on his cell phone at the time of the crash, calling a girl to meet him at another bar. He was bar hopping all night, and was heading to another. You reap what you sew brother. I hope the Cardinals don't celebrate this guy too much. He's lucky he didn't hurt or kill somebody else.
    Greg