Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Rudy,

Don't get me wrong, I certainly wasn't trying to go on the offensive with you. We're going for the same thing thing.

I just wanted things to be clear for any members reading this. I mistakenly took your post to mean anybody could sue an authenticator over a bad item. I do apologize.

While suing auction houses is a option, I think a better idea is to spread the truth about Lou (and every bad authenticator for that matter) and also not spend money on items authenticated by them. Suing auction houses over and over would take considerable time and money and, though suing should be done, education and bad publicity I think would be a quicker route to follow.

I also think every member should call (not just email) and express their concern directly to each auction house. That will get their attention.

The question is, how much if anything is actually being accomplished. Although it would seem especially lately, that Lou has been on a tear writing bad LOA's, we have been complaining on this forum about his worthless LOA's for well over a year and what if anything has come of it? While we have no idea if any of the auction houses that use him are about to kick him to the curb, it would appear based upon members contacting various auction houses that in some cases they could care less. In the past year, dozens of items have been pointed out on this forum that have ranged from questionable to major screwups by Lampson. Other than the continuous complaint fest on here, what has it accomplished? Lampson is still employed by all the same auctions and is still writing LOA's faster than the federal government prints money.

We are also assuming that everyone who collects game used items and buys from the auction houses is a member here. Obviously, if everybody who reads this forum and contributes to it were the only buyers in the auctions, Lampson would be out of a job by now. At some point, there would be some type of correlation between Lampson authenticated items not selling vs. other non Lampson items that do sell through the auctions. Of course, once again we are not privy to those numbers if in fact anyone has noticed that anything like this is taking place at all anyway.

Unless we can reach the entire collecting universe, simply spreading the word about Lampson via the forum is quite honestly not getting the job done as evidenced by his continued employment.

I personally would like to see him work the fry station at McDonald's for a couple of months. If he is knowledgable about bagels, then by god he sure should be able to make a mean order of fries.