Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I have to disagree. Those two in Leland's show decent game use, and have direct provenance. I'd trade the wear for the provenance, but that is my personal preference...
    I remember when that personalized glove was on ebay. They seller stated that arod peronalized it and gave the glove to Cristian Guzman. Notice anything wrong with the glove...Hello...Cristian is mispelled (CHRISTIAN) After emailing the seller, he wouldn't respond anymore.

Okay, here is the most recent information on both gloves.

The Rawlings PRO-RV23SO was manufactured for Alex in August of 2006 per the date code on the glove. This glove was designed for and by Robin Ventura, thus the "RV", "23" stands for his uniform number and "SO" stands for Special Order. The glove would have been used late in the 2006 season which might explain the very minimal game usage, the sticky substance inside the palm area of the glove and over the pointer finger leads me to believe that this was a game-ready glove and very probably a game used glove. This glove might also have been used this season as well but hard to explain how the glove found it's way to the West Coast unless it came on the trip to Oakland on April 13, 14 and 15th. I have a call into the visiting clubhouse in Oakland that I will probably wont speak to until Monday.

The Pro-6HF has been examined by several people and I will abide by their instructions, this glove should be considered game-used and shows exceptional game wear. The glove is missing several things found on stock gloves and this only adds to it's mystique. I will not disclose what things are missing as it might be a tool used by authenticators and it is not my knowledge to disclose in this case. If this offends, then I apologize but the world of collectibles does not belong to me, I am a visitor here and have learned more about gloves than I knew existed, to those of you who have helped me with this, I send a sincere thank you.

I will continue to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability, however the details of the EXACT circumstances on how these gloves ended up in my hands will remain private until after the gloves have switched hands and that the buyer is in accordance with the details being released. I ASSURE you these gloves were not stolen, CERTAINLY not by me, but I suppose they might have been lifted from a clubhouse somewhere but I cannot attest to this. The gloves might have been given to someone and they just didn't know the value, these circumstances only add to the gloves sentimental value, I am having a hard time thinking about parting with these...

Talk to all of you on the circuit....

Mark

I have received alot of questions and comments regarding when Alex might have used this glove, here are some observations and information......Alex probably used this glove last season, there are several photos of Alex using this glove from Spring Training, World Baseball Classic and the majority of the 2006 season. In late August, Alex began using a PRO-23RVSO and finished the season with that glove. There are also photos of him using it against the Red Sox and Blue Jays in September 2006. There photos of him using the glove in late August as well. This is the glove he used in the ALDS with the against the Detroit Tigers. This actual glove was made in August for Alex, I would assume that there were no early August photos of him wearing the glove. Somewhere between August 10th and 26th, 2006, the switch was made to the PRO-RV23SO

In 2006 chronological order, here is a list of the gloves Alex used last season:
    Spring Training - PRO-6HF / World Baseball Classic - PRO-6HF / 2006 Yankees Season - PRO-6HF (April-August) / 2006 Yankees Season (August through Playoffs) PRO-RV23SO (Black)

For thos of you who would like to research this on your own, I suggest that you go to Getty-Images.com (http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Editorial/Sports.aspx) and conduct a search on Alex Rodriguez, this will show all news photos of Alex over the course of the 2006 season and into this season, it covers Alex's baseball career and personal life, and there are several photos of Alex using both gloves. This is a very time consuming project so do it when you have a some time.

I hope this answers alot of the questions I am getting asked, I have now developed a severe case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and will be sending all of you a partial bill for treatment....lol

Mark

Okay, okay, the time has come for the hundreds of e-mailers who have wanted to know how and where I obtained the gloves, I direct you to click on this link (http://www.dailynews.com/ci_5859190 ) which will direct you to the Los Angeles Daily News Newspaper and the story on all four gloves.....enjoy...
    Mark

That is a crazy story. Any idea what the catcher's gloves were?

Has anyone else ever found the real thing like this in a clothing store or thrift shop?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

They were two PRO-JP20, Posada's game model but they were not used and had no embroidery...

Mark

Banned

About 8 years ago I was garage saling with my wife and came across old boxes of football and baesball cards for 50 cents a piece (50 cents per card). Out of it I grabbed a Nolan Ryan OPC rookie card, several old football rookies...all in all my $22 I spent turned into thousands on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That is a crazy story. Any idea what the catcher's gloves were?

Has anyone else ever found the real thing like this in a clothing store or thrift shop?
    Eric,

A few months back, I was at a flea market deep in the woods. I stumbled upon Lou Lampsons' address. It even came with a Lampson LOA (which did not have his address). I called AMI to verify, but no response. Needless to say, it turned out to be fake. Very disappointing.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw2161 View Post
    Don,

Thanks for the inquiry. If I need to get them signed I can go to Anaheim when they get here in August or I could send the gloves to any one of my several friends who are currently playing major league baseball to do it for me. I would prefer to get it done in person so to "believe it when I see it mentality". As I have said in previous posts, I am NOT a collector, never have been and probably wont be....I love the game but don't know enough about collecting to get truly involved.

In answer to your question, yes all proof tags, receipts and a letter from the person who sold them as well) of the legitimate purchase of these gloves will be provided to the buyer and a canister of oxygen as well because they will lose their breath when they hear the story.

Mark
    WOW! $10,000+ for the gloves! The same guy bought both of the a-rod gloves. Good find!

Wanted to say I appreciated the way Mark ran the ebay auction. He gave notice so if someone wanted to report the gloves as stolen they would have an opportunity. Also felt we were given the infromation available that allowed us to make our own judgments. I bid on the gloves, but obviously I was up against somoeone with deep pockets who wanted the gloves.