Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Wanted to say I appreciated the way Mark ran the ebay auction. He gave notice so if someone wanted to report the gloves as stolen they would have an opportunity. Also felt we were given the infromation available that allowed us to make our own judgments. I bid on the gloves, but obviously I was up against somoeone with deep pockets who wanted the gloves.
    I been talking to Mark prior to and throughout his auction. He's a class act! He wanted to ensure that if these gloves were stolen, whether from Arod, the Yankees, someones collection, he wanted to return the gloves to who owned them. He stressed a lot over those gloves and really didn't want them out there until he was 100% sure and also for the potential buyers piece of mind.

It's stories like these that we all deam of happening to us. Mark not only did a classy thing, but he put a little more faith in me that not everything is about the all mighty dollar.

He a great example of what a person is who has high morales, integrity, and values!

Mark, as we say in the Navy...BRAVO ZULU to you!

I also bid on one of the arod gloves. However, I knew my $3,200 bid wouldn'tcut the mustard! Oh well. I only hope the buyer comes though!

All my best, Tony

I cannot thank everyone enough for their input and assistance with this whole matter, I have gained some unfathomable knowledge and the level of integrity in which all of you held yourself to is a credit to those of you who recognize this as an incredible hobby and not always a business. While a significant amount of money was paid for the gloves, I am assured by many that these gloves have a safe home and will be treasured for years to come.

I will continue to post here for a few weeks as some of you will be very surprised where some of this money will be going....

Mark

Im looking to buy a Pro-6HF.(Big ARod Fan) haha

What size gloves were the ones that you bought then sold? 12 or 12.25 inches?

I have a very, very good idea where these gloves came from and im going to guess that they arent used by AROD. I will share this via private message with the admin guys if they are interested. Not sure if i want this info out but ill let the admin guys be the judge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    I have a very, very good idea where these gloves came from and im going to guess that they arent used by AROD. I will share this via private message with the admin guys if they are interested. Not sure if i want this info out but ill let the admin guys be the judge of that.
    Very interesting. I would love to know. If possible, send me an email at both these email addresses (arod13tb@yahoo.com and anthony.baldwin@navy.mil).

Although I did bid on the arod glove, the thought was in the back of my mind that possibily someone could have taken a non-game used glove from the locker room, sold it, and then someone worked it up to look game used. I just had this happen to me recently, and luckily I recovered my money.

I'm also interested to see if any top authenticator in the hobby will authenticate the glove as "game used." We know the glove is authentic, however, what proof is there that arod used it.

The story about how the gloves were obtained was interesting. However, I just have a hard time believing that whoever had these gloves initially, was clueless to what they had.

Tony

If you do have factual information about these arod glove(s), I think it's very important to provide this information to the seller and buyer of the glove(s).

I'll put it this way, If AROD or the Yankees didnt say a glove was missing or a glove was stolen do you really think that a real gamer just came about? I hate to put a damper on this great story but AROD gamers dont come about unless they are signed and sold for big money. I still wont say where these gloves came from but i have an idea and its a legitimate one. Hey, they are real but the person who used them IMO isnt Alex. Ill give one hint...... Watch the Yankees take batting practice and check out what the bullpen catcher is using...... Get back to me.

I dont have factual info on these gloves. I just have a conspiricy theory. Call me crazy.

I'll put it this way, If AROD or the Yankees didnt say a glove was missing or a glove was stolen do you really think that a real gamer just came about? I hate to put a damper on this great story but AROD gamers dont come about unless they are signed and sold for big money. I still wont say where these gloves came from but i have an idea and its a legitimate one. Hey, they are real but the person who used them IMO isnt Alex. Ill give one hint...... Watch the Yankees take batting practice and check out what the bullpen catcher is using...... Get back to me.
    First, I believe Arod and/or the Yankees wouldn't admit that, as they don't
    want it to be known that it's even possible that things can/are stolen from the clubhouse/field.

I think if you have factual information about these gloves, then great and let it be know.

I dont have factual info on these gloves. I just have a conspiricy theory. Call me crazy.
    Understand.