Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: '07 Pink Bats Ready for Shipment

Pietraynor I saw those, they are not the Game Used Bats. They are or I guess can be considered Game Issued. As I believe which I could be incorrect the official manufacturer is Louisville Slugger and would explain why the Padres are actually auctioning these off instead of MLB directly.

These bats that are up, are XBats and proceeds are going to the Padres childerens cancer fund

The Game Used ones would be auctioned off directly by MLB and Proceeds are going to a charity to fight breast cancer

Banned

Is it possible that the said Padres bats are game used? I was at the A's game when they played the Indians and noticed a player on the Indians with a pink Rawlings bat.

Aaron

Banned

Whatupyos these in particular are not game used.

It is even stated in the description "they are not game used".

Also you can see there is no use on the bats.

Ever since last year when LS offered MLB these Pink bats to there players, this year the other bat companies jumped in on it. So it is possible if a player uses Rawlings or any other company you may see a Game Used Pink bat from that company. But again I could be wrong but I do beleive the ones that would be auctioned of through MLB will be the Louisville sluggers as I do believe they have a contract with MLB.

I stand corrected, thanks. Jay.

Thanks for posting some of those completed auctions Marcus. Nice score on the Swisher!
    The Griffey looks unused, not even his tape job on it. Other than his, the other's have great use. I wonder if this being the second year, will prices drop some and with twice as many player's doing it this year. I hope we see some put up this weekend. Looking at the past one's, they should start being auctioned any day now.

The Pence bat sold on ebay for I think $1,150 and didn't meet the sellers reserve. Also a Vlad Louisville Slugger pink bat is on ebay now. I don't recall any of these being on ebay last season, before they were on mlb.com auctions.

The Vlad bat sold for $610 and didn't meet the reserve. Now it's relisted with no reserve starting at $100. This will be interesting to see if it gets bid up more the second time with no reserve or if the seller should have took the $610. The bat just doesn't look beat up enough for his bats. Not the tons of pine tar he usually slops on. Also, doesn't help the seller has gameused as one word in the title. But if you look at the star pink bats sold on mlb.com last year, this one looks like a bargin. Not sure if Vlad had a pink bat last year. But as we all know, comparing MLB.com prices to ebay prices is apples to oranges. Also, your not getting the mlb authenticated hologram and money isn't going to charity.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO...QQcmdZViewItem

Any idea on the hold up for these? Did just all the player's keep them this year. I would have thought a few would have been auctioned by now.....

Post Re: '07 Pink Bats Ready for Shipment

I was just wondering the same thing. Surely they will be going up soon. It has nearly been a month since they were given back to MLB to be put up for auction. Does anyone possibly have any contact with MLB Auctions to see if they have a set date they are putting these up???

Michael

They are up and I'm stunned. There is a Craig Biggio with what looks like some nice use up. That will be an interesting one to watch. Does anyone know if Manny used his bat in the game? Finally some Astros and Red Sox bats are up. Neither team had any last season for auction. Still no Cardinals.