Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: THis year Tarpons throwbacks - read to save $$$

Now, Now, boys play nice or I am going to have to require you to sit and watch a Praire View College Baseball game

Jake:
    Any idea what they're going to look like this year? And what on earth are the Dodgers going to wear, since they now essentially wear throwbacks every day???
    The blue and gold scheme sounds like it's going to suck, btw...
    Blue must be the single most over used color in baseball. If you're right, every team in the AL East, except the Orioles, will be wearing some shade of blue. I bet they decide to go with some lame-ass custom number font, too.

I am not sure on what the throwbacks will look like the 1999 tarpons jersye were pinstripe vest that were very ugly.

And 2 years ago the Rays wore a U of Tampa black pinstripe throwback jersey that was HORRIBLE. Also, it didn't have a last name on the back which made the player ID on a VERY obscure jersey unidentifiable by any casual fan. Heck even if I saw one of the U of Tampa throwback I would have very little idea who the jersey was of...

I hope they are the same as last year. I LOVE the pullover style and simble fonts with no outline, great classic look. I am sure the new Rays jerseys will be hidious, trendy jerseys are awful and never last.

Even though I love the 1980's astros, brewers and white sox to name a few but they were so bad they became classic...

The Rays will be wearing St Petersburg Saints uniforms for the 2007 throwback game, btw.

Not sure why they don't bust out the St Pete Pelicans unis...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    Jake:
    Any idea what they're going to look like this year? And what on earth are the Dodgers going to wear, since they now essentially wear throwbacks every day???
    The blue and gold scheme sounds like it's going to suck, btw...
    Blue must be the single most over used color in baseball. If you're right, every team in the AL East, except the Orioles, will be wearing some shade of blue. I bet they decide to go with some lame-ass custom number font, too.
    I got this email from the Rays:
    This season, the Rays will be turning the clock back to 1955, in honor of Senior Advisor Don Zimmer’s rookie season. Zimmer was a member of the Dodgers’ World Series Champion team that season. For the game on June 23, the Rays will be wearing 1955 St. Petersburg Saints jerseys, and the Dodgers will be wearing 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers jerseys. Following the game, the jerseys will be put up for auction on the Rays web site in order to raise money for the Rays Foundation.

They are also doing a past and present Don Zimmer bobblehead. Two little Zims on one base, then and now.

How can they fit the "NOW" Zimmer on base with anyone else. That must be one big base.