Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: '07 Pink Bats Ready for Shipment

Bill Halls bat sold for 25k? I don't remember that but iu guess if it did it did.

I remember the Giambi bat sold somewhere in the range of $3,000

I heard today from someone who works for the Braves that Andruw Jones just received a shipment of 10 pinks bats. Didn't everyone get two last year?
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Here is article on Brewers website about the Hall bat. One of the Owners won the bat for over 25k. Funny that a few player's that did well with them wanted to use them the next game.
    http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/new...t=.jsp&c_id=mi

I am watching the Orioles game and players are using these pink bats and they look very bright.Are they going to be auctioning off the pink arm bands they have on.

They usually just throw the arm bands over the dugout after the game.... the same with the blue fathers day arm bands they are just plain.

Looks like a lot more guys used them this year. Even other companies besides LS had pink bats. Hunter used a Rawlings pink bat for both his home runs tonight. Did anybody see any SAM bats in pink? Anyone know what Yankees and Astros used them?

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    I spoke to a source close to the Biggio family that claimed Biggio still had both bats he used. Biggio cracked one in the first inning. In inquiring about obtaining one, I was told they would be auctioned at a later date. Haven't seen anything and suspect it would be done locally. I have attended two charity events, one with Biggio as the featured speaker, and haven't see one yet.

I will keep you posted if I hear anything!
    There is a story on MLB.com about Biggio today and his pink bats. Doesn't look like we will see them up for auction again.

HOUSTON -- Houston second baseman Craig Biggio had a new pink bat beside his chair in his clubhouse cubicle following Sunday's game against Arizona. It was the same bat he'd used to bang out a pair of doubles during Houston's 5-2 victory. Biggio had quite a day. He reached base four times in five plate appearances and scored a pair of runs to go with the two doubles. Normally, a new bat that produced that kind of game would be kept around. But Biggio, one of 10 Astros who took part in Major League Baseball's effort to raise money and awareness to fight breast cancer by using the pink bats during Mother's Day, will gladly part with this one.
    "I think my daughter's taking it," Biggio said. "She got one last year, [and] I'll give her this one, too."
    Biggio's pursuit of 3,000 hits -- he needs 34 now after hitting two doubles with the pink bat Sunday -- will go on without the special Louisville Slugger.
    "I think [the charity] is great," Biggio said. "My mom was a breast-cancer survivor, so I'm very happy to use one and raise money for that. I think MLB stepping up and including more guys in it this year is going to make more money for the cause. I think it's a great thing, I really do."

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    "I think my daughter's taking it," Biggio said. "She got one last year, [and] I'll give her this one, too."
    Biggio's pursuit of 3,000 hits -- he needs 34 now after hitting two doubles with the pink bat Sunday -- will go on without the special Louisville Slugger.
    "I think [the charity] is great," Biggio said. "My mom was a breast-cancer survivor, so I'm very happy to use one and raise money for that. I think MLB stepping up and including more guys in it this year is going to make more money for the cause. I think it's a great thing, I really do."
    Unless he makes a direct donation to the MLB fund, how is he helping the cause by giving the bat to his daughter and not putting it up for auction?? He could just as easily put the bat up for auction and be the winning bidder, even if he had to go up to the high 5 figures. he can afford it.

I know he said his Mom is a survivor and has most likey given $$ before, but I thought the whole point of using the bats was to put the bats up for auction and raise $$?

I agree PK. I think he must just make a donation on his own. Although if he gets 2, why not auction one of them. I'd love to see what his pink bat would sell for.

Are any of the bats being auctioned yet and if so, where can I find them?