Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    I have a very, very good idea where these gloves came from and im going to guess that they arent used by AROD. I will share this via private message with the admin guys if they are interested. Not sure if i want this info out but ill let the admin guys be the judge of that.
    Very interesting. I would love to know. If possible, send me an email at both these email addresses (arod13tb@yahoo.com and anthony.baldwin@navy.mil).

Although I did bid on the arod glove, the thought was in the back of my mind that possibily someone could have taken a non-game used glove from the locker room, sold it, and then someone worked it up to look game used. I just had this happen to me recently, and luckily I recovered my money.

I'm also interested to see if any top authenticator in the hobby will authenticate the glove as "game used." We know the glove is authentic, however, what proof is there that arod used it.

The story about how the gloves were obtained was interesting. However, I just have a hard time believing that whoever had these gloves initially, was clueless to what they had.

Tony

I'll put it this way, If AROD or the Yankees didnt say a glove was missing or a glove was stolen do you really think that a real gamer just came about? I hate to put a damper on this great story but AROD gamers dont come about unless they are signed and sold for big money. I still wont say where these gloves came from but i have an idea and its a legitimate one. Hey, they are real but the person who used them IMO isnt Alex. Ill give one hint...... Watch the Yankees take batting practice and check out what the bullpen catcher is using...... Get back to me.

I dont have factual info on these gloves. I just have a conspiricy theory. Call me crazy.

I dont have factual info on these gloves. I just have a conspiricy theory. Call me crazy.
    Understand.

I'll put it this way, If AROD or the Yankees didnt say a glove was missing or a glove was stolen do you really think that a real gamer just came about? I hate to put a damper on this great story but AROD gamers dont come about unless they are signed and sold for big money. I still wont say where these gloves came from but i have an idea and its a legitimate one. Hey, they are real but the person who used them IMO isnt Alex. Ill give one hint...... Watch the Yankees take batting practice and check out what the bullpen catcher is using...... Get back to me.
    First, I believe Arod and/or the Yankees wouldn't admit that, as they don't
    want it to be known that it's even possible that things can/are stolen from the clubhouse/field.

I think if you have factual information about these gloves, then great and let it be know.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    First, I believe Arod and/or the Yankees wouldn't admit that, as they don't
    want it to be known that it's even possible that things can/are stolen from the clubhouse/field.

I think if you have factual information about these gloves, then great and let it be know.
    False, both AROD and the Yankees would let it be known that the gloves were missing and they would investigate the owner of these gloves if they were stolen. Thats easy to assume considering the importance of a gamer glove. Secondly, i dont have factual info on these gloves but trust me, i have an educated guess. Dont forget that two gloves were also catcher's mitts and they were Posada models. Interesting to say the least that every glove that the guy bought were Yankee gloves. Do you see a connection? Maybe im crazy, maybe i think i know a little too much, or maybe someone should do a little research on the Yankee bullpen catcher. This might be fun.

If anyone is at the Yankee game tomorrow check out what the bullpen catcher is using as far as a glove in batting practice while shagging balls. Im pretty sure its an AROD black Robin Ventura model. If im wrong dissreguard anything i said in this thread. Thanks.

Just to add a little more here, i dont think the bullpen catcher sold these gloves. I think they were his but for some odd reason they got out of his sight and in the wrong person's hands. He is from the same part of town where these gloves were re-sold. Arod gives him gloves to break in all the time and you will see him using them in batting practice. The brown version show all that use IMO because he used it for most of the season. The black one shows so much less use because Arod didnt make the switch until late in the season and the bullpen catcher only had a few weeks to try to break that one in. Check dates and you will see what i mean. Once again, call me crazy but this is what i think and i have no factual evidence to back this but im putting two and two together. Opinions?

Just to add a little more here, i dont think the bullpen catcher sold these gloves. I think they were his but for some odd reason they got out of his sight and in the wrong person's hands. He is from the same part of town where these gloves were re-sold. Arod gives him gloves to break in all the time and you will see him using them in batting practice. The brown version show all that use IMO because he used it for most of the season. The black one shows so much less use because Arod didnt make the switch until late in the season and the bullpen catcher only had a few weeks to try to break that one in. Check dates and you will see what i mean. Once again, call me crazy but this is what i think and i have no factual evidence to back this but im putting two and two together. Opinions?
    Very interesting. Again, I have a difficult time believing that whomever sold those gloves to a sporting goods store, didn't know what they had. However, now based on your information, it does make sense that they knew what they had and why the person who sold them to the sporting goods store sold them for $25 a piece. Because they knew they weren't used by arod. Very interesting information/opinion.

Thanks, Tony