Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Alright,

I have just had a very good conversation with the gentleman that posted this information and it is someone that I would consider to be very reliable and knowledgeable as to this entire situation. My apologies for challenging him but he did the honorable thing and made the phone call that I hoped would come, for that he needs to recognized.

While I have yet to personally verify the fact that Mr. Borzello's equipment was stolen, it is a real possibility and I believe this to be true. I am going to place calls tomorrow morning to the Yankees clubhouse and will hopefully get to the bottom of this entire mess.

I cannot comment on whether or not these are "game used" Alex Rodriguez gloves, I don't know, it is my belief that they are but only Alex knows for sure. The fact that cannot be misconstrued is that the gloves did in fact belong to Alex at one time or another.

Now comes the concern that I may be criminally liable for receiving and selling stolen goods, it is my utmost worry that everyone realize that I did not participate in this, knowing this to be true. I will continue to work to the best of my ability to ascertain the truth with regards to the gloves and their true story....

Mark Webb

Quote Originally Posted by mrw2161 View Post
    Alright,

I have just had a very good conversation with the gentleman that posted this information and it is someone that I would consider to be very reliable and knowledgeable as to this entire situation. My apologies for challenging him but he did the honorable thing and made the phone call that I hoped would come, for that he needs to recognized.

While I have yet to personally verify the fact that Mr. Borzello's equipment was stolen, it is a real possibility and I believe this to be true. I am going to place calls tomorrow morning to the Yankees clubhouse and will hopefully get to the bottom of this entire mess.

I cannot comment on whether or not these are "game used" Alex Rodriguez gloves, I don't know, it is my belief that they are but only Alex knows for sure. The fact that cannot be misconstrued is that the gloves did in fact belong to Alex at one time or another.

Now comes the concern that I may be criminally liable for receiving and selling stolen goods, it is my utmost worry that everyone realize that I did not participate in this, knowing this to be true. I will continue to work to the best of my ability to ascertain the truth with regards to the gloves and their true story....

Mark Webb
    Wow! This whole matter has been unbelieveable. Started out as one of those unbelieveable stories which we all were cheering Mark on for such a great find, to now the truth about the gloves may be coming out where the end isn't a happy one.

I feel bad for both Mark and the buyer of the Arod gloves, as this matter has taken a turn for the worse. However, I hope they catch the person that stole the gloves from the Yankee catchers car.

I commend this website and all those who have protected this hobby. If it weren't for all the individuals in this forum sharing their information and knowledge, in addition to the outstanding detective work that so many have conducted, many stories like this would go undetected.

I was rooting for Mark on such a great find. It saddens me that this story looks like it will have a sad ending.

I commend Carlvv on his aggressiveness and research of the arod gloves. Your efforts helped protect the integrity of people in this hobby, and also saved someone from a tremendous loss of money. Bravo!

One note for all. Like stated in this thread, if someone is going to make accusations or call someone out on an item, facts must be provided immediately. When casual negative remarks are questioning at item, without proof, there are going to be unhappy people.

I will keep checking back for the conclusion. Tony

I also commend Mark for how he has handled this whole matter from the start. He made every effort to get his story out there about these gloves, just in case they were stolen. His concern from the start was to ensure there were no problems and/or issues with these gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Wow! This whole matter has been unbelieveable. Started out as one of those unbelieveable stories which we all were cheering Mark on for such a great find, to now the truth about the gloves may be coming out where the end isn't a happy one.

I feel bad for both Mark and the buyer of the Arod gloves, as this matter has taken a turn for the worse. However, I hope they catch the person that stole the gloves from the Yankee catchers car.

I commend this website and all those who have protected this hobby. If it weren't for all the individuals in this forum sharing their information and knowledge, in addition to the outstanding detective work that so many have conducted, many stories like this would go undetected.

I was rooting for Mark on such a great find. It saddens me that this story looks like it will have a sad ending.

I commend Carlvv on his aggressiveness and research of the arod gloves. Your efforts helped protect the integrity of people in this hobby, and also saved someone from a tremendous loss of money. Bravo!

One note for all. Like stated in this thread, if someone is going to make accusations or call someone out on an item, facts must be provided immediately. When casual negative remarks are questioning at item, without proof, there are going to be unhappy people.

I will keep checking back for the conclusion. Tony
    Guys, Mark had two AROD gloves, a Giambi glove and a Steve Karsay glove. He made an unbelievable find and he can tell this story for years to come. The buyer can be happy that he bought two AROD game used gloves. Im not sure who the buyer was but he got two authentic game gloves from Alex Rodriguez. If Alex used them its still in question but at the end of the day he bought two legit AROD gloves. Thats pretty unique if you ask me. I never tried to dissrupt this transaction but when i saw this i HAD to speak out. I felt i had a legitimate theory to this whole sale and i had to speak out. I just think if there is info on anything weather its a game used sock or a game used jock, information should be shared if it matters. I love the hobby and want it to stay as pure as it can be. If nothing ever comes about i dont really care but i would hope that others will speak up if they know something might be fishy about an item. I hope i helped more than i hurt. Ill keep my ears open.......

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    Guys, Mark had two AROD gloves, a Giambi glove and a Steve Karsay glove. He made an unbelievable find and he can tell this story for years to come. The buyer can be happy that he bought two AROD game used gloves. Im not sure who the buyer was but he got two authentic game gloves from Alex Rodriguez. If Alex used them its still in question but at the end of the day he bought two legit AROD gloves. Thats pretty unique if you ask me. I never tried to dissrupt this transaction but when i saw this i HAD to speak out. I felt i had a legitimate theory to this whole sale and i had to speak out. I just think if there is info on anything weather its a game used sock or a game used jock, information should be shared if it matters. I love the hobby and want it to stay as pure as it can be. If nothing ever comes about i dont really care but i would hope that others will speak up if they know something might be fishy about an item. I hope i helped more than i hurt. Ill keep my ears open.......
    You are correct. The winner did buy two authentic Arod gloves. However, he purchased them assuming/expecting they were game used (especially the one that showed good use). If the gloves weren't used by arod, it does hurt the value significantly. I don't believe the bid would have went so high if this information was made available at the time of the auction. Definately not worth what the winner paid.

As far as people speaking up if they see something wrong with an item. That is definatley not a problem in this forum. There are people in this forum that do a great job of researching, speaking up, and working hard to keep this hobby clean/safe.

As far as your information/research, you did a great job (as long as everything can be verified), but it sure would have been great if this information was made available to Mark when he was asking and prior to his auction. I realize you may not have had this info then.

For me, this is a good story with a sour ending.

All my best, Tony

I want to assure Mark that he has no criminal liability for recieving stolen property if all he did was purchase gloves from the store. I have some basic knowledge of criminal law and purchasing an item without the knowlege that it is stolen or intent to commit a crime is not a crime. I bid on the gloves and would not have been guilty of receiving stolen property either if I had won. It appears Mark took every effort to make people aware of the circumstances and he should be in no trouble at all. I know it is uncomfortable for both him and the ebay buyer, who, if the gloves are stolen ,will most likely have to return them if a demand is made by the owner. I understand Mark's concern, but if all is it appears to be he has done nothing wrong either morally or criminally and I hope this puts his mind at rest.

This story got my interest. Does anyone know whether there has been a determination as to whether the gloves were in fact stolen from the Yankee catcher and has there been any final result to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    This story got my interest. Does anyone know whether there has been a determination as to whether the gloves were in fact stolen from the Yankee catcher and has there been any final result to the story?
    I don't believe any solid proof is available to show it, however, it seems to be true.

I feel sorry for the current owner of the gloves, who paid $10,000 for the two arod gloves. Nobody will ever authentic them as game used.

Truly a sad ending to this story.

Hi everyone,

Since this has come to light, I have spoken to numerous people and have placed several calls to the Yankee's bullpen catcher via the clubhouse and have not had a single call returned regarding the possible theft.
    This leads me to believe any of several things

1) There was no theft and the story is a hoax. There has been no police report filed in the matter and the store has not been contacted by the police or the Yankee's bullpen catcher who apparently is well versed and has extensive knowledge in this story.

2) Is it possible that the Yank's bullpen catcher obtained the gloves through a means not on the "up and up" and this is why he might not be interested in the outcome of any investigation. Let us not forget that a Yankee player lifted one of Jeter's gloves from this very clubhouse, and while I am not insinuating that the gloves might have been stolen by Mr. Borzello for profit purposes. Maybe they were stolen from his car legitimately but because he might not be able to explain why or how he had gloves of A-Rod's during the off season when he obviously wasn't breaking them in for him. These gloves were well broken in and well worn with the exception of the black model. This also brings me to wonder, what the hell was this guy doing with 2 of A-Rods gloves in his car if he was catching pitchers at USC, he sure as hell wasn't going to warm up pitchers with infielders gloves. All specualtion of course.

3) I have spoken to another person close to the organization and close to the clubhouse who has looked at the photos and assures me that these are consistent with Alex's game gloves with regards to use and wear and the substance of "stikum" that was on the inside of the palm of the glove and over the finger slot would not have been put there by anyone who "might have been breaking in the gloves" and only would have been put on the glove by the player.

So, all in all, I stand by the sale of the gloves as I believe that they are authentic as well as a good many others do also, with everything however, there are going to be naysayers who will disagree and stand their ground, this explains why this is such a difficult and relentless hobby/business.

Mark

Why feel sorry for the guy who paid $10,000 for the gloves.
    Hes a greedy fool. I should know. I buy Real Estate!!!!!
    Lets move on guys.