Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

Hi everyone...

I am aware of the Upper Deck / Rawlings Pro6HF gloves that were a joint venture in where the "g" in Rodriguez was inverted to a "q" to prevent confusion to his real gamers. I have stumbled onto a lot of two Alex Rodriguez gloves, both I believe to be game used, but to be quite honest, no one, not even Alex or Rawlings could verify this, Rawlings did however give me a few details on the gloves, the Yankees have promised me that nothing has been stolen from their clubhouse, and these gloves, the Pro6HF and the ProRV23SO are both current models that Alex uses. Also in this small collection was a brand new Jason Giambi TPX first basemans glove, with name stitiched in white and a well-used Steve Karsay Rawlings Pro1000-9K. I believe that this entire group may have been stolen from a collection....does anyone remember seeing this group of gloves anywhere on the internet or such. I have photo matched all the gloves and I am relatively certain that they are authentic gloves.....I have placed the entire group on Ebay with hopes of finding out where these might have come from....I'm all ears....

Banned

Re: Alex Rodriguez "gamer" fielding glove ??

[quote=mrw2161;39223]Hi everyone...

I am aware of the Upper Deck / Rawlings Pro6HF gloves that were a joint venture in where the "g" in Rodriguez was inverted to a "q" to prevent confusion to his real gamers. I have stumbled onto a lot of two Alex Rodriguez gloves, both I believe to be game used, but to be quite honest, no one, not even Alex or Rawlings could verify this, Rawlings did however give me a few details on the gloves, the Yankees have promised me that nothing has been stolen from their clubhouse, and these gloves, the Pro6HF and the ProRV23SO are both current models that Alex uses. Also in this small collection was a brand new Jason Giambi TPX first basemans glove, with name stitiched in white and a well-used Steve Karsay Rawlings Pro1000-9K. I believe that this entire group may have been stolen from a collection....does anyone remember seeing this group of gloves anywhere on the internet or such. I have photo matched all the gloves and I am relatively certain that they are authentic gloves.....I have placed the entire group on Ebay with hopes of finding out where these might have come from....I'm all ears....[/quote]

Can you provide some additional information about the lot? How specifically did you "stumble" onto these? Alex could not "verify" that they were used-are we rto assume you somehow met him and asked for his opinion?

Any insight on the history of these is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Mr. Wolf,

Thanks for your inquiry, the place that they were obtained was a store of all places in the Los Angeles area. At this time, I do not want to disclose the name of the store as they are dealing with a bit of embarassment over the whole matter. I have left the tags on the gloves which are in the photos to ascertain their origin.

This is kind of like the person who bought a piece of art at a garage sale only to find out it was an original worth $500,000, similar in nature only not in $$.

I have spoken to SEVERAL sources within professional baseball circles who are all in agreement about the authenticity of the gloves, whether or not, they are game used, in my humble belief, cannot be ascertained by anyone, including Alex.

While many claim to be able to authenticate the usage of a glove, a average player uses anywhere for 2-5 gloves a season, some less, some more, what I was implying is I would be hard pressed to believe a player who could pick up a glove and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the glove was game used, not played catch with or a spring training glove, but used in a real game, I am sure some players might be able to but it has to be difficult at best.

I will be as honest and forthright as I can be on these gloves at the moment, obviously, whoever buys them will be surprised for what was paid and where they were located....

I hope this helps and look forward to speaking again soon...

Mark

Do you know whether anyone has actually asked ARod if he can verify the gloves or are we just assuming he can't? It has been my experience that some players pay a great deal of attention to their bats, gloves, etc and are very good at identifying them while others pay little attention. Arod has always struck me as one who paid attention. I would think he would know if he had given a glove like that to someone , especially since there are two, and would certainly know if a glove was stolen from him personally.

Why don't you just send the gloves to his autograph rep to get them signed? Then you would hear what he had to say about them. Are you going to disclose the source of the gloves to the winning bidder?

Don,

Thanks for the inquiry. If I need to get them signed I can go to Anaheim when they get here in August or I could send the gloves to any one of my several friends who are currently playing major league baseball to do it for me. I would prefer to get it done in person so to "believe it when I see it mentality". As I have said in previous posts, I am NOT a collector, never have been and probably wont be....I love the game but don't know enough about collecting to get truly involved.

In answer to your question, yes all proof tags, receipts and a letter from the person who sold them as well) of the legitimate purchase of these gloves will be provided to the buyer and a canister of oxygen as well because they will lose their breath when they hear the story.

Mark

I've seen many Arod gloves hit the market signed by him game used or with his LOA and they sell anywhere from $2,500 - $3,500, so I am surprised that this glove is as high as it is already

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=212&lot=1265

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=305&lot=1080

Premier Auctions signed Game used in Januery 2006 auction
    998 Alex Rodriguez Rawlings Signed Game Used 1998 Fielders Glove$3,279.

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I've seen many Arod gloves hit the market signed by him game used or with his LOA and they sell anywhere from $2,500 - $3,500, so I am surprised that this glove is as high as it is already

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=212&lot=1265

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=305&lot=1080

Premier Auctions signed Game used in Januery 2006 auction
    998 Alex Rodriguez Rawlings Signed Game Used 1998 Fielders Glove$3,279.

Those to gloves, even signed, don't even come close to comparing to this one that show nice game use.

I have to disagree. Those two in Leland's show decent game use, and have direct provenance. I'd trade the wear for the provenance, but that is my personal preference...