Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Anyone Used These Jersey Displays?

I am getting ready to start displaying my jerseys on the wall and was wondering if anyone has used these kind of jersey displays and what you thought of them. I don't need all the big glass goddy shadow boxes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Thanks, Joe
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Re: Has Anyone Used These Jersey Displays?

Joe,
    If you like it get it but the jerseys will get dust on them. The jerseys are also not protected from the light being out in the open like that. Ever go in a old army-navy store and see a shirt that's hasn't sold and it's on the wall forever? When it's finally taken down the back is darker from not being exposed to the light. Aside from that ,the overall appearance is to me,not all that great. It looks like laundry is hung up to dry. If something is special then it should be displayed like it is. Believe it or not the display/frame can cost up to a third of the value of a jersey and almost the same as the cost of a flat photo to be framed. But the item will look great.
    Robert

Robert -- I definitely appreciate the angle your coming from. In my case, the $100 frame is about 1/2 of the cost of my NFL jerseys and 100%-200% of the price of the actual NDSU jerseys. BUT, as you say, I certianly don't want them fading and getting dusty. I'll have to give it more thought and price more actual frames. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

My two cents... If you want to do this on the cheap, you can purchase 32x40 frames at a local frame shop and then place the jersey inside yourself. This could possibly run you about $50 per frame. Be prepared to do some work afterwards, but you will have something more professional in the end, and your items will be protected from everything -- light, dust, people touching them, etc. Keep in mind that this is not $50.00 EXTRA, it is $50.00 minus the $25-30 it will cost you to buy these "hangers." Overall, you get a pricy, unprofessional looking solution that leaves your collectibles exposed to all elements, and you only save $20.00 or so. I would not advise it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    My two cents... If you want to do this on the cheap, you can purchase 32x40 frames at a local frame shop and then place the jersey inside yourself. This could possibly run you about $50 per frame. Be prepared to do some work afterwards, but you will have something more professional in the end, and your items will be protected from everything -- light, dust, people touching them, etc. Keep in mind that this is not $50.00 EXTRA, it is $50.00 minus the $25-30 it will cost you to buy these "hangers." Overall, you get a pricy, unprofessional looking solution that leaves your collectibles exposed to all elements, and you only save $20.00 or so. I would not advise it at all.
    Great point as well. I'll have to head to the Hobby Lobby and check out the frames. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Attached are scans of my Red Sox collection. I used solid wood frames made by Pennzoni. On eBay, check out auction 290155445063. That is the frame I used. Also, if you decide to buy some frames, buy the hanger - trust me.

I like the frames because, although Penzonni lists their frames as small, as you can see, two jerseys fit into the frame very nicely. And, since the doors are hinged, you can change the jerseys around as often as you like.

UV light isn't an issue for my stuff because we have Anderson windows and the style we bought block UV rays.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jim,

Thanks---I will look them up. Great idea putting 2 in 1. By the way, your collection looks great. Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is the Hobby Lobby if you don't mind me asking as I am also looking for ways to display Jerseys.

Thanks
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    What is the Hobby Lobby if you don't mind me asking as I am also looking for ways to display Jerseys.

Thanks
    Geoff

Hobby Lobby is a store:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/

Thanks Kyle