Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Carlevv,

Please post photos of your glove; thumb, palm, heal, back, etc. so the forum members can assess whether you have a potential legitimate glove before you get too excited about its value!
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Ripken Gamers, I dont have a camera at the time to take photo's but its the real deal. It has about the same use as the one i saw on ebay. Its not signed. Pro-6hf as usual, but one thing... There is white fur where the top of Cal's hand goes. It measures about a quarter inch wide and goes along the whole area where his had was. I think this is one of JR's customizing traits right? Thanks. I put it up against my AROD glove and if you look through the index finger hole on Cal's glove there is stitching where a pad is put in. Not on AROD's pro-6hf. Interesting.

Also, on the outside of the pinky finger where it reads gold glove series, the one i have doesnt have it and the one on Ebay does. Weird. Not sure what year my glove is from, if i had to guess i'd say mid 90's.

Carlevv,

Without photo's there's not much I can comment on. Mine also has fur under the wrist strap but the comment you made about not have the "Golden Glove Series" has me very suspicious. I'm not a glove expert but I don't recall not seeing this inscription on his gloves. Generally there is a series of dots below this verbiage with indicates the year of manufacture. I've seen a few variations of the Pro-6HF he has used. If you really want more definitive comments I'd borrow a digital camera and send some photos!
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Dan, thanks for responding back. The glove on Ebay had no fur and thats interesting. As far as the "suspicious" pinky that doesnt have gold glove series im not worried about that. Considering i aquired the glove in a major league clubhouse im not worried about it being a fake or a store bought glove. I was just asking how much these gloves are selling for, thats all. Thanks for your info though.

FYI, i looked at getty images and found a lot of pictures of Cal Ripken with gloves that dont have that writing on the pinky. Dan, do you have pading on the inside underneath the index finger hole? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Carlevv:

I too would be interested in seeing pics of this glove. As an avid Ripken collector I am always looking for photos and pieces to add to my collection. On a side note, I am in need of a Ripken glove so if someone can produce a legit glove and is looking to sell at a reasonable price I would be most interested in taking a look.

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Brett, what is a reasonable price? For various reasons i dont want to post pics of the glove in a public fourm. I would however share the pics if i get an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    Brett, what is a reasonable price? For various reasons i dont want to post pics of the glove in a public fourm. I would however share the pics if i get an offer.

If you are able to email pics when you have a working camera to my email address listed on each post that would be great. I have only seen two Ripken gloves sold over the past three or four years on any auction format. One was the glove just purchased by a forum member that is referenced in this post on ebay. The other was sold through I believe AMI a couple of years ago for a rather ridiculous price. If you can email me privately, I will discuss this is further detail.

What year or years is the P72 from??? or labeling period if you know? In terms of the batting gloves, are they White Franklins with Black, Black with white or Black with Orange and what year or time period are they from if you know?

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.