Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Ripken Gamers, I dont have a camera at the time to take photo's but its the real deal. It has about the same use as the one i saw on ebay. Its not signed. Pro-6hf as usual, but one thing... There is white fur where the top of Cal's hand goes. It measures about a quarter inch wide and goes along the whole area where his had was. I think this is one of JR's customizing traits right? Thanks. I put it up against my AROD glove and if you look through the index finger hole on Cal's glove there is stitching where a pad is put in. Not on AROD's pro-6hf. Interesting.

Also, on the outside of the pinky finger where it reads gold glove series, the one i have doesnt have it and the one on Ebay does. Weird. Not sure what year my glove is from, if i had to guess i'd say mid 90's.

Carlevv,

Without photo's there's not much I can comment on. Mine also has fur under the wrist strap but the comment you made about not have the "Golden Glove Series" has me very suspicious. I'm not a glove expert but I don't recall not seeing this inscription on his gloves. Generally there is a series of dots below this verbiage with indicates the year of manufacture. I've seen a few variations of the Pro-6HF he has used. If you really want more definitive comments I'd borrow a digital camera and send some photos!
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Dan, thanks for responding back. The glove on Ebay had no fur and thats interesting. As far as the "suspicious" pinky that doesnt have gold glove series im not worried about that. Considering i aquired the glove in a major league clubhouse im not worried about it being a fake or a store bought glove. I was just asking how much these gloves are selling for, thats all. Thanks for your info though.

FYI, i looked at getty images and found a lot of pictures of Cal Ripken with gloves that dont have that writing on the pinky. Dan, do you have pading on the inside underneath the index finger hole? Thanks.