Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Lampson AMI Connection?

The LOAs don't need a tracking system as much as Dr. Lampson, himself does.

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    The LOAs don't need a tracking system as much as Dr. Lampson, himself does.
    Oh, is he a doctor now too?

"This patient does in fact have two legs. They show wear to them as a result of walking on them for roughly 40 years. The patient wears pants, which are apropos for someone in a Western society. I would estimate the patient's waist size to be 36, judging from the number 32 on a tag in his pants.

I will be operating on said patient. I've never actually operated on someone, but I do have a library of various medical textbooks as well as a complete DVD set of 'Marcus Welby, M.D.' and 'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman' in my entertainment center at home."

I have not heard back from American Memorabilia about why my account will not function.

I hope if they deleted my account, they realized they owe me a consignment check. Wonder if that information still exists.

If it was done on purpose, they just lost someone who spent a great deal of money with them over the years and even used them as one of only a couple of places to consign with.

I will let you all know if I hear anything.

Meanwhile, I also wonder if since they took Lampson's name off their specific list of authenticators, that means anything about his employment with 100% Authentic/American Memorabilia. If he no longer works for them, that's significant OR if they're taking his name off so as not to attract negative publicity but he still works for them, that speaks volumes as well. Either way it's an acknowledgment from AMI that Mr. Lampson's name might not be the best way to get bids.
    If anyone thinks my interpretation is incorrect, I'd love to discuss.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I have not heard back from American Memorabilia about why my account will not function.
    Eric,

If you hear back from AMI as to why your account is not functioning, please let me know. I am having similar trouble with my account.

Thanks,
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hey Eric and Rob,

After reading your posts I think I need to ask a question. I went to the AMI site and tried to login. When I did I got a message stating my account login had failed. I then went to the 'Email Account Login' screen and typed in my email address to have my password sent to me (I was thinking maybe I typed in the wrong password). When I hit 'Send Login' I get a message that states "We are unable to find account information for [my email address]".

Is this the same problem you are both experiencing? If so, I guess my account does not function either. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Sincerely,
    Chris

That's what happens with me...
    Eric

I am not sure how to pose this question and I mean to do so with respect and as delicately as possible, so...considering the many peculiar circumstances with Lampson and this auction house, why would you want to do business with them anyway? Just a thought.

Chris

If you do your own homework on something and are comfortable buying, then it doesn't matter what the lampson letter says.

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    I am not sure how to pose this question and I mean to do so with respect and as delicately as possible, so...considering the many peculiar circumstances with Lampson and this auction house, why would you want to do business with them anyway? Just a thought.

Chris
    Chris,

You read my mind. What item could be worth doing business with them? Even if they had Lefty's 1980 World Series uniform, I would not even think to bid.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.