Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How does Lampson do it?

What is Lou is dead or a made up person all together? Or maybe the authentication houses all forge the L scrible.... Lampson scrible on their own loa's! Not a very hard signature to forge. Until Lampson shows his face, displays his drivers license and birth certificate...I as a collector will never purchase an item with a Lou Lampson LOA period! Who is watching him sign these LOA's in the first place? I want to see a photo, just one of him signing the actual LOAs. Anyone...Anyone???

Just dawned on me...maybe Lou signs a blank piece of paper and historic puts their letter head and whatever else they want on the LOA. I know ASI did it with their player LOAs. The players would sign a line on a piece of paper and they would write in: I Player used this piece of equipment for this game..bla bla bla. Maybe Lou is just getting paid to sign his signature and doesn't do any research and doesn't even know what's going on these LOAs
    Just food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by obeyone10 View Post
    Just dawned on me...maybe Lou signs a blank piece of paper and historic puts their letter head and whatever else they want on the LOA. I know ASI did it with their player LOAs. The players would sign a line on a piece of paper and they would write in: I Player used this piece of equipment for this game..bla bla bla.
    What???

Did we know this about ASI? Can you elaborate? How do you know this?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What???

Did we know this about ASI? Can you elaborate? How do you know this?
    Eric,

My understanding with the old ASI (Authentic Sports Investments) was that the players would sit down and sign a stack of generic LOAs (e.g., the words "game used" or "autographed" could be circled after the fact, and there was a space for the item description to be written in by hand - this is how the Rickey Henderson LOAs were, at least). I'm not sure what was printed on them prior to the signatures being added, but the process was described to me as one that took the players only a few minutes to complete. I have no idea how the new ASI (Authentic Sports Incorporated) and ESM (the other spin-off company of the old ASI) do things as I've had no dealings with either one.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    steve jensen - "We've had many submissions that have come with auction house letters signed by Lou that he failed while authenticating for us"

if i'm reading that correctly, steve said that lou has failed items that he previously positively authenticated. a man who disagrees with himself. i love it.

rudy.