Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripkengamers
    • Nov 2005

Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Well, looks like I was late to pick up on this deal! Someone picked up, what I believe, is a very legit game used fielders glove of Cal Ripken Jr off of eBay today............I only wish I could have spotted it first. Based upon my conversations with Denny Esken, it think this is the real deal! This could be a museum piece and would probably sell in a major auction house for 3x the $3k it sold for!

Anyone on the forum know the buyer djob001?
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)
  • mr.miracle
    • Apr 2006

Re: Cal Ripken Fielders Glove Bought for a "Song" on eBay

Dan:

That ebay name seems very familiar but not sure. I cannot believe that price. I did not see this item at all, too bad it ended at that because assuming this is real, as you said, this person got a real steal.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

Guys,

I bought the glove.

Regards,
      Dave

Comment

• mr.miracle
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by CollectGU
        Guys,

I bought the glove.

Regards,
        Dave

Nice find Dave, looks like a heck of a piece at an incredible price based on what Ripken gloves go for. Don't know how I missed it on ebay but congratulations. I thought I recongnized the user name somewhere.
        Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• thomecollector
          • May 2006

That's awesome. If it is indeed real. Great pick up. Any one know how I can contact Danny Eskin ? I have a Thome glove I want to ask him about. Thanks in advance. Roger
          Roger Ward- Thomecollector
          thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• Carlevv
            • May 2007

I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Comment

• ripkengamers
              • Nov 2005

Carlevv,

Please post photos of your glove; thumb, palm, heal, back, etc. so the forum members can assess whether you have a potential legitimate glove before you get too excited about its value!

Comment

• Carlevv
                • May 2007

Ripken Gamers, I dont have a camera at the time to take photo's but its the real deal. It has about the same use as the one i saw on ebay. Its not signed. Pro-6hf as usual, but one thing... There is white fur where the top of Cal's hand goes. It measures about a quarter inch wide and goes along the whole area where his had was. I think this is one of JR's customizing traits right? Thanks. I put it up against my AROD glove and if you look through the index finger hole on Cal's glove there is stitching where a pad is put in. Not on AROD's pro-6hf. Interesting.

Comment

• Carlevv
                  • May 2007

Also, on the outside of the pinky finger where it reads gold glove series, the one i have doesnt have it and the one on Ebay does. Weird. Not sure what year my glove is from, if i had to guess i'd say mid 90's.

Comment

• ripkengamers
                    • Nov 2005

Carlevv,

Without photo's there's not much I can comment on. Mine also has fur under the wrist strap but the comment you made about not have the "Golden Glove Series" has me very suspicious. I'm not a glove expert but I don't recall not seeing this inscription on his gloves. Generally there is a series of dots below this verbiage with indicates the year of manufacture. I've seen a few variations of the Pro-6HF he has used. If you really want more definitive comments I'd borrow a digital camera and send some photos!

Comment

• Carlevv
                      • May 2007

Dan, thanks for responding back. The glove on Ebay had no fur and thats interesting. As far as the "suspicious" pinky that doesnt have gold glove series im not worried about that. Considering i aquired the glove in a major league clubhouse im not worried about it being a fake or a store bought glove. I was just asking how much these gloves are selling for, thats all. Thanks for your info though.

Comment

• Carlevv
                        • May 2007

FYI, i looked at getty images and found a lot of pictures of Cal Ripken with gloves that dont have that writing on the pinky. Dan, do you have pading on the inside underneath the index finger hole? Thanks.

Comment

• mr.miracle
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Carlevv
                          I have a simular Ripken glove but it isnt signed. What do Cal's gloves go for these days?

Carlevv:

I too would be interested in seeing pics of this glove. As an avid Ripken collector I am always looking for photos and pieces to add to my collection. On a side note, I am in need of a Ripken glove so if someone can produce a legit glove and is looking to sell at a reasonable price I would be most interested in taking a look.

Thanks
                          Brett Herman

Comment

• Carlevv
                            • May 2007

Brett, what is a reasonable price? For various reasons i dont want to post pics of the glove in a public fourm. I would however share the pics if i get an offer.

Comment

• Carlevv
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by mr.miracle
                              Carlevv:

I too would be interested in seeing pics of this glove. As an avid Ripken collector I am always looking for photos and pieces to add to my collection. On a side note, I am in need of a Ripken glove so if someone can produce a legit glove and is looking to sell at a reasonable price I would be most interested in taking a look.

Thanks
                              Brett, i also have a cracked P72 with major use and its signed. I have a pair of Rip-8 batting gloves unsigned and an Orioles line up card that is signed as well. Let me know if your collection can use any of these itmes.

Comment

Working...