Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Warm Up Sweaters

I've always admired the warm up sweaters from the first part of the century. I don't have any baseball, and the only one I have is from Andy Aitkenhead's estate, when he played for the Saskatoon Sheiks.

Here's a photo of one of the players in his sweater (not Andy)

Are there other sweaters out there for display?

Thanks, Max

Re: Warm Up Sweaters

I sold this one on ebay a couple of months back - it was from a 1930s Civilian Conservation Corps baseball team and belonged to Lefty Stimac who was a phenom in the St Louis Cardinals system until he blew out his arm.

Here is a sweater I have c. 1910 that came with a pair of Malden High full collar jerseys. It is a pull-over style.

This is one of my favorite photos. Cornell BB 1904 with Coach Hughie Jennings. This is page from a 1904 Cornell/Penn baseball program. Whole team is wearing their warm up sweaters.

Here is another favorite of mine. Real photo cabinet of 1989 Cornell BB Team. Top players wearing heaving turtle necks.

Max - There is an incredible sweater up for auction currently on eBay. I don't wan't to out it, but remind me to point it out when the auction ends.

-Joe

Here are some Red Sox sweaters.

Unfortunately, none of them are mine, although I did bid on the first one (didn't even come close) at a time when I wasn't really into collecting Red Sox all that much, but was at an auction for a gorgeous glass Beer sign I ended up winning.

First is an Elmer Steele sweater pre-1920

Second is one from the twenties

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here is one that sold on ebay last week. It's not Yankees or Giants, but a great looking sweater.

http://cgi.ebay.com/c-1920s-New-York...QQcmdZViewItem