Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

McGwire Spikes?????

Forum readers-

The following spikes were discussed on here recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARK-MCGWIRE-80S...QQcmdZViewItem Although

they were offered in the American Memorabilia Auction as "Mark McGwire's gamers", I dare anyone to locate a single photo or shred of evidence that he ever wore this style (void of the usual green trim) during his time with the A's. Then again, the LOA from Lampson must be based on..........??????????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: McGwire Spikes?????

Definite McGwire gamers. White shoes with "25" in black sharpie on the backs of each. 100% authentic I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by cards-bats View Post
    Definite McGwire gamers. White shoes with "25" in black sharpie on the backs of each. 100% authentic I would say.

tell me please that you are kidding....

Keyword=Lampson

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Banned

It's pieces of memorabillia such as these cleats that amaze me. I have never seen Mark wear cleats that did not have any green on them. These cleats as well as the hat that has been sold, that also was on EBAY, I believe were purchased I'm from the AMI auction a few months ago because they were being offered by the same seller. I have no idea how Lampson can authenticate something that no one has ever seen Mark wear. Is it possible, sure, anything is possible but without evidence, highly unlikely.

Aaron

They match EXACTLY pair of Nikes that I have with "GP" on the back in black sharpie. Sweetest pair of Nikes I've seen from the Georgia Peach himself.

Banned

Cards-bats must be selling these shoes, or, hoping that they're real, because if not, then his Big Mac shoes aren't either.
    Greg

Please accept my apologies for any confusion I may have caused. I need to clarify that my "Georgia Peach" spikes come with a full color LOA and an authorized signature. I even have an attatched pic. 100% authentic folks. Case closed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cards-bats View Post
    Please accept my apologies for any confusion I may have caused. I need to clarify that my "Georgia Peach" spikes come with a full color LOA and an authorized signature. I even have an attatched pic. 100% authentic folks. Case closed.

Thats GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Woops...spelling!

Hey...just noticed something when I put my photo up. Did Ty wear his shoes on the wrong feet? I know Joe Jackson was known to not wear shoes. Am I stretching to assume that players made fashion statements with their shoes in the teens & '20's?