Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: ebay seller lambeauleeper and "game issued"

I don't know what the items were, but i can see that james brown of historic auctions bought two items from this seller in september of '06

aeneas- how did you get pics of that LT helmet? I have been trying to track those down.

eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

oops, i accidentally hit the "post" button before i was done and, alas, no edit feature on this board...

anyway, to continue:

another photo of lambeauleeper's "game issued" tomlinson helmet:

note:

a) it's a schutt pro-air, not a schutt air-advantage
    b) the facemask
    c) the chargers' decal on the back

tomlinson switched from the schutt pro-air to the more modern schutt air-advantage in 2005 so, consequently, lambeauleeper's helmet would have to have been from the 2004 season or earlier which is when tomlinson used a pro-air.

from 2001 (when tomlinson joined the bolts) through 2004 the chargers played only three games in which they wore white helmets - one game in 2002 (vs jets), one game in 2003 (vs ravens) and one game in 2004 (vs jags). so, assuming tomlinson was "issued" a backup for each of these games (which is ridiculous), there would be exactly 6 white tomlinson pro-air helmets in existence - 3 game worn and 3 "game issued". and lambeauleeper has/had at least two, hmmm....

here are a couple of 2005 photos of tomlinson and his schutt air-advantage helmet (notice the "slot" behind the ear hole).

and here are a couple of '06 photos with tomlinson and his schutt air-advantage - so, clearly, after the 2004 season tomlinson wasn't sporting the style of helmet lambeauleeper is peddling as "game issued".

so the only games in which tomlinson wore a white scutt pro-air: 2002 vs jets, 2003 vs ravens and 2004 vs jags. could lambeauleeper's gem actually be from one of these seasons? one of these three games? let's see....

here are a couple of photos of tomlinson wearing the white lid in 2002 vs the jets. so where's the rear charger decal that lamby shows on his helmet? and what about that facemask? guess 2002 is out...

so let's look at the one game tomlinson wore a white helmet in 2003 (vs the ravens). hmmm.... is that a chargers decal i see above the facemask? and then there's that facemask thing again. looks like 2003 is out as well as far as match goes...

so that leaves 2004, our last hope for the exact match one of the forum members was talking about. here are a couple of shots of tomlinson running the ball against the jags - the last time he wore a white schutt pro-air. doh! there's that mask thingy again! and, i'll try to post it later, there's no chargers decal on the back of the helmet - what a surprise!

as i mentioned before, lamby is a crook. he purchases readily available decals and slaps them on readily available shells; he invests $100-$200 clams and fetches $500 or more because he intentionally misrepresents his stuff. does he put together a nice lid? are they pretty to look at? you bet. but they are fakes. andsadly, lamby is not alone...

Banned

I've seen some 2004 photos that look pretty close to lambeau's helmet pictured. The mask is the only issue that I see. The problem I see with the memorabilia issues on auctions especially Ebay is that people are looking for a STEAL. They wont pay $3-$5,000.00 for a game worn helmet with a team letter. So they go to Ebay and want to pay next to nothing for an item then bitch. If you purchase a Brady jersey for $700.00 on Ebay, don't expect it to be a $5,000.00 game jersey. I've seen Gridiron Brady helmets and Favre VSR helmets which are the wrong size and model sell for over $1,000.00. Lambeau at least has the correct size and models WD-1, WD-2, SCHUTT, etc. I don't see the big deal if they are the proper size, model and decaling calling them game issued. Team or games used.....that's different.

Banned

I looked at recent auctions from Grey Flannel and the Favre jersey LAMBEAU listed is coorct in size and cut.

Banned

I've seen Lambeau's items and auctions. He doesn't just sell VSR-4 helmets. Ive seen WD-1, WD-2, SCHUTT and VSR-1. He also never mentioned in any auction except for a recent game worn Phillip Rivers jersey that they were owned by the player. You should get your facts straight before you crucify someone.

Banned

Smile Re: ebay seller lambeauleeper and "game issued"

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Again, I can't comment on the jerseys, you guys are far more knowledgeable than I on those.

My biggest beef with him on the helmets is that they are in the "game used" category on ebay and even he admits he has no evidence that they were used so he's selling them as "game Issued".

Apparently several of us have monitored his items for some time, we're just drawing different conclusions as to the helmets and/or his sales techniques.

As I've said, if he's making these up he's doing a near perfect job, better than anyone else including companies that create copies in volume as a business. I can't find a single flaw in any photomatch effort and I challenge you guys to find one (helmets only).

The Pro Bowl jersey is obviously GAME ISSUED. I've seen the same one sold through Grey Flannel. Maybe Lambeau is using the Game Used category to get lookers because I noticed in his description he shys away and states he is selling the items as game issued. I've been watching him and he only sticks with the game used when he has proof through a letter of authenticity.

I simply don't feel he's misrepresenting the helmets in his descriptions (although the title and category are misleading) or in his responses to questions. Obviously if he had any provenance, heck even a good story or a pay-per-LOA Lampson cert, he'd get alot more for these helmets. ALOT MORE. That alone leads me to believe he's not running an intentional scam, if he is, he's REAL small time in his approach to be sure.

I don't disagree that the term "game issue" as used to refer to helmets SHOULD be defined as "team issue", however, that's just not the way the industry has operated or is operating. Any helmet collector has to know that and has to ask the right questions and due the usual due diligence then bid accordingly. Or not.

With all the big money game used fraud going around this case isn't worth the time already devoted to it in this thread.
    Sounds good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    I'll speak for the Brady items this individual has sold....First, the helmets are WRONG because of the small size.....Brady wears a larger size. Second, if you're going to sell a game issued 2003 Brady jersey, make sure its at least a game issued jersey. The jersey lambeauleeper sold recently on Ebay (see attached pictures) was a store bought, not even sure if it was a "real" authentic jersey, which had a neck tag and tail tag added.....100% bogus jersey
    I've seen Lambeaus items for the last 2+ years. The Brady jersyes and helmets are the correct size. Brady wears a size 48 jersey and XL helmet. As far as the jersey being store bought? I am not sure. It has proper tagging and size.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    lambeauleeper has had them in the past....I just checked lambeauleepers feedback and I notice this....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140090693589

$5,000.00 for a team issued jersey Moreover, this IS NOT a team issued jersey but a retail authentic...does not have the correct cut to be team issued....
    Yes it is. I 've seen the EXACT jersey on GREY FLANNELS auction about 2 years ago. IT IS TEAM ISSUED!

Dolphin13-
    Are you lambeauleeper?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I'm no expert in Jerseys. I found these photo's of Favre from 02. Note the reebok symbol on the shoulders, closer to the stripes than on the one in the auction. Seems to be in the same place on all of the photo's from home and away games that I researched from 02. added one with Favre in celebration with jersey untucked. You guys decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !