Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
Chris, I for one would like to see a report in SCD that goes into detail all of the authenticating problems with Lou Lampson and why these auction houses still use them. I know it's a double edge sword for SCD, but your publication should not turn a blind eye on what has been happening just because these auction houses buy advertising from you.

I also think SCD should do an in depth piece on the way auction houses conduct business with consigning their own items, having access to raise bidders proxy bids and most important changing or altering items in their auction without disclosing the facts of the alterations.

Thanks
Todd
Todd-
Fantastic story line ideas. Personally, I think you stand a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny in your backyard as opposed to a story on these specific troubling issues. I'd find it extremely hard to believe that SCD, with their dwindling page count and almost non-existent classified section, would ever bite the hand that feeds them (auction house advertising and revenue generated from traditional ads and catalog inserts), especially at this time. The lack of any type of reporting of controversial issues now and in the past is a clear sign that SCD does not want to jeopardize their position with their current or future auction house advertisers.

Chris, can you comment on the above and also on the possibility of following on these ideas and writing an in-depth piece on each?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net