Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: ebay seller lambeauleeper and "game issued"

Here's the pic for comparison from the listing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Dolphin13-
    Are you lambeauleeper?

No. Just checked out this site today. I have a lot of game worn and issued pieces. I just doon't think it is fair to pay for one thing and expect another!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    I'm no expert in Jerseys. I found these photo's of Favre from 02. Note the reebok symbol on the shoulders, closer to the stripes than on the one in the auction. Seems to be in the same place on all of the photo's from home and away games that I researched from 02. added one with Favre in celebration with jersey untucked. You guys decide.

Here is a 2002 Brett Favre Game Worn jersey from American memorabilia:

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin13 View Post
    No. Just checked out this site today. I have a lot of game worn and issued pieces. I just doon't think it is fair to pay for one thing and expect another!
    I don't think it's fair to pay for one thing and receive another.

The reason I ask if you're lambeauleeper is because he is from wisconsin and sells lots of dan marino items and you are registered from wisconsin and your name pays homage to dan marino.

But i maybe that's a coincidence.

Enjoy the forum. Please familiarize yourself with the rules, including registering with your valid first and last name.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

[quote=Dolphin13;40543]

Here is a 2002 Brett Favre Game Worn jersey from American memorabilia:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=19876

I don't understand your point with the AMI Favre. That's a shirt with no wear and a letter from Lou Lampson. I think to help your argument that what you, I mean lambeauleeper sells is valid, you might want to compare it to jerseys with a Favre authentic hologram.

Can someone find one of those?

Eric

Here is a 2002 Favre jersey size 52 from my collection which is sourced from someone in the St. Louis Rams front office. A little different than the AMI you reference above.

Eric

Regarding the correct size, specs, etc. for a jersey of a particular player, it's important not to rely on just one auction house listing. Auction houses make mistakes obviously, so sometimes you really have to look at several different pieces from a player. In the case of Favre, Grey Flannel sold a 2002 Favre in an '05 auction which was a size 52. That jersey came with a letter from Favre stating it was game used. Also consider:

2000 Favre jersey sold by Grey Flannel, size 52
    2003 Favre throwback jersey sold by Lelands, size 52
    2003 Favre home jersey sold by Lelands, size 52
    2004 Favre home jersey sold by American Memorabilia, size 52
    2001 Favre away jersey sold by Lelands, size 52
    2001 Favre away jersey sold by Authentic Gamers, size 52

All of the above came with a Favre hologram + a letter from him stating they were game used.

Now I'm not advocating that anyone rely only on provenance when purchasing gamers, but if you're just going to compare something only based on auction house offerings, do as broad of a search as possible.
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin13 View Post
    So you say you're not lambeauleeper BUT he's from wisconsin and so are you, he sells a lot of marino items and your name is Dolphin13, AND the american memorabilia link which you posted here three times just happens to be included in the brand new listing for the size 50 2002 Favre "game issued used" jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us

Might you be stretching the truth?

Banned

Re: the LT helmet, I believe those photos are of mine, the one I purchased from lambeau in 2006.

First, I'm unaware of any second LT helmet offered by lambeau, and can see no such reference to a second in reviewing his feedback history. Perhaps aeneas01 who obviously has good knowledge on LT and his helmet history could clarify this comment?

Secondly, my photo comparisons indicated the helmet - if genuine - was likely a 2004 model rather than the 2005 lambeau advertised it as. aeneas01, you seem to feel that's the closest reference as well, but dismiss it because of the facemask and rear decal.

Perhaps I lack an eye for detail, but how is the facemask different? It certainly appears the same to me. Regarding the rear bumper decal, I can find no photos from the 2004 Chargers-Jags game on either Corbis or Gettyone that show LT's rear bumper in that game, however, the below pic of Ben Leber from that game does show the exact same rear bumper decal on his helmet. Do you have some photographic evidence that LT's helmet was different and lacked that decal?

BTW, I'm curious as to how you would know what I paid for the helmet as you can't view that old a listing on ebay, and where you got those pics which are no longer on ebay. You'd have had to have been developing a database of such items and have saved this info in 2006. Perhaps you can shed some light on how and why you have this info?

BTW, I actually attempted to email the Chargers Equipment Manager last year to see if he'd be willing to look at the helmet and give an opinion, and I never received a reply. Perhaps a phone call might have produced better results, I don't know. Or perhaps aeneas, you have connections with Wick and can help arrange an inspection?

Perhaps I've been defensive because I want to believe the helmet is in fact legit. That would be natural. However, I really would prefer to know the truth, I either overpaid for a great copy by a few hundred, or got a steal on a legit one. I can live with either result.