Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Steiner/Jason Giambi bat

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsdad View Post
    Thanks for the replies. The bat was sent back but I paid the postage for the POS to be sent to me and then for me to send it back. Steiner clearly does not need my business. They was not even an attempt to make things right but it does make me suspect and doubt Steiner's reputation and some of the items they are representing as game used and game issued. And by the way the 25 page spreadsheet they emailed to me went right in the trash and I will not purchase another item from them. And in my opinion their LOA's are just as good as toilet paper.
    Sarahsdad
    I hate to say this but I am taking this personally not just to defend Steiner but as a Dealer/ Collector.

You said there was not even an attempt to make things right in the same breath you said Bob offered to tak the bat back - Make up your mind!!
    Have you ever heard of Human Error???
    It happens no one is perfect espcially in this hobby.
    You sit here and act like they targeted you and did this on purppose.
    I don't understand how you can't comprehend that it was a bat that got mixed into there Game Issueds by accident. They wren't selling you the retail bat as a Game Issued on purpose.
    You can hold Steiner as the Holy Grail or not, but the remainder of the fact is they have the contract with the Yankees and you can sleep easier at night knowing for sure you got an item that came directly from the Yankees.
    Again the "Average Joe" who works in shipping, just grabs the bat and ships it out (Thats his Job shipping nothing else).

Banned

Thanks for the replies. The bat was sent back but I paid the postage for the POS to be sent to me and then for me to send it back. Steiner clearly does not need my business. They was not even an attempt to make things right but it does make me suspect and doubt Steiner's reputation and some of the items they are representing as game used and game issued. And by the way the 25 page spreadsheet they emailed to me went right in the trash and I will not purchase another item from them. And in my opinion their LOA's are just as good as toilet paper.
    Sarahsdad
    I hate to say this but I am taking this personally not just to defend Steiner but as a Dealer/ Collector.

You said there was not even an attempt to make things right in the same breath you said Bob offered to tak the bat back - Make up your mind!!
    Have you ever heard of Human Error???
    It happens no one is perfect espcially in this hobby.
    You sit here and act like they targeted you and did this on purppose.
    I don't understand how you can't comprehend that it was a bat that got mixed into there Game Issueds by accident. They wren't selling you the retail bat as a Game Issued on purpose.
    You can hold Steiner as the Holy Grail or not, but the remainder of the fact is they have the contract with the Yankees and you can sleep easier at night knowing for sure you got an item that came directly from the Yankees.
    Again the "Average Joe" who works in shipping, just grabs the bat and ships it out (Thats his Job shipping nothing else). I dont know how much more you can ask of Steiner are you looking for blood????

All Dealers are human mistakes do happen as long they as they tried to make things right is what counts.

Banned

Telling me to send it back is not making it right. Sending out the correct bat is making it right. Asking "What can I do to correct this?" is making it right. A 2 sentence email telling me to send it back does not make it right. What other "Human Errors" has Steiner made that the average collector did not catch? Would someone who just started out in this hobby have known to reject a bat with a line under the 125? Maybe. Maybe not. You would have relied on Steiner to send out the appropriate item only to perhaps find out years later that it was no good and since Steiners return policy is 30 days you are SOL when trying to return it. What has Steiner done with the bat since I sent it back? Did they destroy it or is it back in the shipping department waiting to be shipped to an unsuspecting/novice collector who assumes Steiner knows what they are shipping out? I never once said they targeted me. You infered that. All I reported was the facts. Would you have kept the bat? Bottom line, this should have never happened and it makes other items from them suspect and all items from Steiner should be airtight since as you pointed out they "Have the contract", so how did a promo bat get in their warehouse and what other promo items are in their warehouse waiting to be shipped out?
    Thanks for the dialogue.
    sarahsdad

Banned

Telling me to send it back is not making it right. Sending out the correct bat is making it right. Asking "What can I do to correct this?" is making it right. A 2 sentence email telling me to send it back does not make it right. What other "Human Errors" has Steiner made that the average collector did not catch? Would someone who just started out in this hobby have known to reject a bat with a line under the 125? Maybe. Maybe not. You would have relied on Steiner to send out the appropriate item only to perhaps find out years later that it was no good and since Steiners return policy is 30 days you are SOL when trying to return it. What has Steiner done with the bat since I sent it back? Did they destroy it or is it back in the shipping department waiting to be shipped to an unsuspecting/novice collector who assumes Steiner knows what they are shipping out? I never once said they targeted me. You infered that. All I reported was the facts. Would you have kept the bat? Bottom line, this should have never happened and it makes other items from them suspect and all items from Steiner should be airtight since as you pointed out they "Have the contract", so how did a promo bat get in their warehouse and what other promo items are in their warehouse waiting to be shipped out?
    Thanks for the dialogue.
    sarahsdad
    Sarahsdad I don't know to me them asking you to send it back seems pretty good. its not like the turned around and said "oh well too bad" Your saying they have a 30 day return policy I am almost certain in a case such as this if you realized it was a retail bat after the 30 days they would still honor or try to rectify the situation.
    Yes they are human just like every other dealer.
    Which means every dealer is run by a Human so human error will alsway be made.
    If you know of a company that is completely run by computers and robots please point it out I would love to visit there corporate office.
    Since you feel human error is unacceptable how do you purchase anyting??? All companies that I know of have made a Human Error at some point.
    MicroSoft
    Pepsi
    HBO
    Johnson & Johnson

These are all billion dollar companies that have human error going on daily I wonder how they survive????

I think your a bit unreasonable to make Steiner a target of of questioning!!!

This will be my last post on this topic and I think everyone here can see the point I am making with out draging this out any further.
    Sarahsdad I wish you luck in your collecting and would like to say I don't think Steiner should be held accountable for one mistake as then you shouldnt purchase from anyone since we all make mistakes.

Banned

You continue to miss the point. So I will let it go. I have said what I have to say and I know, based on the response, others have gotten my point. Enough said.
    Sarahsdad

I have personally searched Steiner's Yankee cage multiple times in search of quality game used bats. While doing so I came across two (2) Chuck Knoblauch game used bats both of which had the underline under the 125. The bats were clearly used during regular season games by Knoblauch.
    Is it OK for Steiner to sell them as Game Used?

Banned

Not to me. Lets take a poll. Are there any collectors out there that would be satisfied with a LS game used/issued bat with a line under the 125? With a Steiner letter?
    Sarahsdad

I'd have to see those Knoblauch bats to believe it. Im not calling you a liar but i know Chuch was VERY particular with his bats and for him to use one of those is mind boggling. I remember the one year he started numbering his bats like 1 of 12, 2 of 12, so on and so forth. Every he would have 12 gamers on the road and mark them that way i guess to keep track of them. He would also bone his bats and stare at them like he was reading off of them. I dont think he would take one of those bats to war. Maybe this is a case of a yankee bat boy using them in the cage and Steiner said they are game used. Just my thoughts.

I could hardly believe it myself. The bats were clearly utilized by Knoblauch. The pine tar application & cleat marks throughout were unmistakable.

Cleat marks on barrell and handle?