Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Steiner/Jason Giambi bat

Well if it has Knoblauch characteristics then it is what it is GAME USED

Do you remember if they were T141 as I know he had a differnt choice of bat for Batting Practice?

Technically if it was used by Knoblauch during an actual game whether it has the line under it or not it is still Game Used!!!

I think we are all missing the most important question.

How much fault can we attribute to the team?

Steiner gets these items from the team. That's their selling point. I don't remember Steiner saying they are experts in game used memorabilia. Their whole business model is based on the fact that they have exclusive arrangements with the Yankees and Mets to market their game used equipment for resale. The clubhouse personnel if anyone should be experts on these game used items and they are the ones sending these items to Steiner. I believe Steiner is taking their word that what is being sent is actually legit and game used. If you read the text of a Steiner LOA it states that "the item was obtained as part of the "TEAM NAME" Steiner Collectibles Program, a direct partnership between the "TEAM" and "Steiner Sport Memorabilia"

Should Steiner take additional steps to authenticate the items to ensure underlines are not under 125s, model number and bat weights and lengths match player spec, location of pine tar and hit marks are on the correct side of the bats, player jersey numbers are the correct size and with the proper customizations?

I personally don't think they would and are just relying on the teams to send them legit game used or game issued items.

-David

David, The Yankees dont send anything to Steiner. Steiner comes to the Yankee clubhouse to collect thier stuff. Its there where they document what the get. You cant blame the Yankees one bit here. If Steiner is selling GAME USED stuff they should make sure its GAME USED. I think they do a good job in doing this but some things are slipping through the cracks and that isnt right. They are in charge of what they sell and if something is used it doesnt make it game used. They have to know better IMO.

Carlevv,

I'm not so sure that is true. From conversations with Bob Malandro he indicated to me that the Yankees and Mets sent the items to Steiner.

However whether Steiner goes to Yankee stadium or Shea is irrelevent.

I think my point was missed.

It's the teams who provide the items to Steiner and Steiner is not in the business of authenticating but is selling the fact that they have an exclusive relationship with these teams to get these items.

To use an old computer saying "garbage in garbage out"

David

Banned

So where does the responsibility lie? Steiner markets the items and Steiner collects the money. Steiner collected my money when I bought the bat. And when I received the bat not only was the LOA missing, also missing was the MLB emblem on the back side of the bat. I watched Giambi on TV last night and the bat he was using was a LS and it looked a lot different then the one Steiner sent to me. One time I brought an old gold necklace to a pawn shop to sell. Before the pawn shop bought it from me they checked it to see if it was real gold. The pawn shop did not take my word for it. The pawn shop owner did his homework first. Does this not apply to Steiner as well?
    Sarahsdad

Give it the Jason Giambi authenticity test. Try unscrewing the knob from the handle.

Banned

oh My God This Is Ridiculous It Was A Simple An Honest Mistake Your Crying About This Like It Was A Game Used Pujols World Series Exclusive One Time Only Bat That You Got Screwed On.

it Was A Cheap Game Issued Steroid Using Player Bat - Get Over It It Was A Mistake - It Wasnt Intentional And Thats That You Caught It In Time Good For You - They Said They Would Refund You Or Whatever There Deal Was With You To Make Good On It.

and You Still Want To Sit Here And Beat This Horse Till Its Beyond Dead Over A Crappy Item

i Bet You Would Never Cut The Tags Off Your Mattress

im Sorry Didnt Mean To Get Loud But This Topic Is Just Beating A Dead Horse Of An Honest Mistake And Nothing More.

Banned

Suave 1477:
    Who held a gun to your head and made you type? You don't want anything to do with the thread then stay out of it. Obviously by the response rate it is an issue of concern with several collectors. You have never gotten the point from day one, judging from your posts, but I appreciate your effort.
    Sarahsdad

Something tells me this isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Carlevv,

I'm not so sure that is true. From conversations with Bob Malandro he indicated to me that the Yankees and Mets sent the items to Steiner.

However whether Steiner goes to Yankee stadium or Shea is irrelevent.

I think my point was missed.

It's the teams who provide the items to Steiner and Steiner is not in the business of authenticating but is selling the fact that they have an exclusive relationship with these teams to get these items.

To use an old computer saying "garbage in garbage out"

David
    I know for a fact that Steiner comes to Yankee stadium to collect their game used stuff. I can't comment on the Mets situation but if Bob told you that he or his staff dont go to the yankee clubhouse thats not true. If have numerous conversations with Yankee clubhouse staff about the whole process. This isnt the point of the thread but i have to defend what i know. I dont ever want to just be blowing smoke on these boards. I only try to help when i comment on things. As a matter of fact, one Yankee and i wont say who it is was VERY, VERY, pissed off that Steiner took his helmet over the winter. Its the same helmet that he has used over the last four seasons. The players agent even got involved trying to get the helmet back but the Yankees said they goofed and let Steiner take it. Ask Bob about that one.