Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Steiner/Jason Giambi bat

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsdad View Post
    So where does the responsibility lie? Steiner markets the items and Steiner collects the money. Steiner collected my money when I bought the bat. And when I received the bat not only was the LOA missing, also missing was the MLB emblem on the back side of the bat. I watched Giambi on TV last night and the bat he was using was a LS and it looked a lot different then the one Steiner sent to me. One time I brought an old gold necklace to a pawn shop to sell. Before the pawn shop bought it from me they checked it to see if it was real gold. The pawn shop did not take my word for it. The pawn shop owner did his homework first. Does this not apply to Steiner as well?
    Sarahsdad
    FYI, Giambi's bats that have the line underneath the 125 have the TPX logo on the reverse side of the barrell.

Banned

The bat that I received from Steiner did not have the TPX logo on the other side of the barrel.
    Sarahsdad

Banned

Yankwood your funny lol lol

Sarahsdad I got your point and correct me if I am wrong your point is how could Steiner make such a mistake with letting a normally known retail item get into the hobby as being Game Issued, because that means how many other items can end up into the hobby that they call game used or game issued???? Is that correct?

If so my answer still stands it is HUMAN ERROR, Steiner is not just sitting there grabbing whatever is lying around on the floor in a pile and just labeling stuff issued, retail, or game used just like that.
    They do try to make an effort to the best of what they can to label items as correctly as possible and put there best foot forward.

Ill tell you this if Steiner lets 5 retail items get into the hobby as Game Issued or Used by accident. I would rather that then the hundreds of fakes that Lampson puts into the hobbya year or the thousadnds a year that makes it way into the hobby from ebay.

Here is something I want you to think about how long does it take you to understand if an item is real maybe if you know the players characterisitics, maybe it takes you a matter of minutes, what if you don't know the player how long would it take you, a day, a week, a month to get the proper information for that players bat??? Am I right? Now Steiner when they made the exclusive deal with the Yankees took over all there stuff that has been stored for 20 - 30 years or more with no records.
    Do you think they truly have the time to sit with every peice and examine every detail of it to know where exactly it came from. It would take them another 20 years just to try to do the perfect due diligence on each item.

Technically all in all to you or any other new or old collector in this hobby as the Motto of this forum "DO YOUR HOME WORK"
    Which means you can try to hold Steiner responsible but the responsibilty is ultimately yours.
    When you buy a house and the seller says don't worry its a good house do you just go on his word NO
    When you buy a Used car and the seller says dont worry its a good car, do you just go on his word NO
    It is your responsibility to do your homework on what you should be looking for

Look, I been burned myself on items it happens again what matters is if the person who sold me the item tries to make good on it or not.

Good post Suave. Break it on down!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    This will be my last post on this topic and I think everyone here can see the point I am making with out draging this out any further.
    Jason, you shouldn't tease us like this.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

This is my last post on this too.

Carlevv: It's still does not matter whether Steiner picks up equipment or are sent the equipment. The source is still the same. If the Yankees allow Steiner free reign of the clubhouse then that may actually explain how they can pick up a promo bat from a players lockers thinking it's a real gamer so good point.

I agree completely with Suave that no matter who you get something from you need to question and do your homework. Thanks to SarahsDad we now know that the motto just because it's Steiner it has to be real does not apply all the time. They are human and they make mistakes (i've heard that somewhere before and can't get it out of my mind) and we need to be aware. We do hold them to a higher standard than most others but it comes with the territory for them.

I still stand by my point at they don't profess to be experts/authenticators and are selling the partnership (just read the LOA). But as time progress and as we as collectors provide feedback to Bob perhaps mistakes like this one can be avoided.

David

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Look, I been burned myself on items it happens again what matters is if the person who sold me the item tries to make good on it or not.
    When all is said and done, what more can you ask for.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

"it Was A Cheap Game Issued Steroid Using Player Bat"

Suave,dude,your favorite player is Daryl Effin' Strawberry...would those be cheap,game issued coke-snorting,wife-beating,parole-skipping bats??

poo-poo on you..

lol
    Joe

Banned

2000mvpfan it took you lon enough i was waiting for you lmaoooooooooo

Where have you been havent seen you post much on thr forum?

By the way those are Strawberrys good qualities lol lol

Suave, a new 2nd daughter has cut some of my posting time,but I still read the forum most nites...

Don't worry though-wherever injustice against Jason Giambi rears it's ugly head,you will find me...(cue Three Amigos music..)

take it easy,
    Joe