Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What would you do if you caught the Bonds ball?

Hey guys,
    I wrote about this on my blog yesterday and wanted to pose the same questions to you. Heritage auction is offering anyone who catches Bonds' 756th home run ball $1 million.
    If you caught it, what would you do?
    Take the guaranteed million? Sell it on eBay? Let another auction house sell it for you?

I would take the million. Sure, you may get more for it somewhere else, but why gamble? A million aint too bad.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

Re: What would you do if you caught the Bonds ball?

Quote Originally Posted by kneerat View Post
    Hey guys,
    I wrote about this on my blog yesterday and wanted to pose the same questions to you. Heritage auction is offering anyone who catches Bonds' 756th home run ball $1 million.
    If you caught it, what would you do?
    Take the guaranteed million? Sell it on eBay? Let another auction house sell it for you?

I would take the million. Sure, you may get more for it somewhere else, but why gamble? A million aint too bad.
    I would wait and see what if fetches. You can always fall back to Heritage. I believe it will fetch more.

However, I feel bad for whoever buys it. Won't be long before Arod breaks the all time HR record.

I don't think you can fall back to Heritage... I think they want to be the first to sell that, otherwise the deal is off the table.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

I would take the million and wash my hands of that filthy, befouling item.

Two words my friends...

Ball Swatches

Remember what Harry Caray's did with the Bartman ball? Hank Aaron should get to throw the switch.

I think heritage is only giving the lucky person a couple weeks to see to them. You really don't have time to check around and see what other options you have. I'd take the million! If they are paying a mill they must expect it to sell for 3 or 4 million.

I would take the million in a heartbeat - no doubt about it

First I would offer the Hall of Fame a chance to buy the ball at or around the million mark , plus a lifetime pass to Cooperstown too, I want free parking too....

You know Heritage thinks/knows they can make money on it ! plus they are getting a lot of free publicity just from the offer already.

Funny you should ask. I will be in the right field bleachers at Fenway Park on Father's Day when Giants are in town. If by some miracle I catch either the tying or go ahead ball I will be selling it to pay for my daughter's college education. Any other player and I would consider turning it over to him and the HOF, but I would not give it to that cheater .
    Paul