X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeneas01
    • May 2007

Re: Shady Football Helmet Deals...

Originally posted by DrJ
    I don't think we disagree on the matter at all, I do as you describe in your above post. I point out where I got the helmet (i.e. online auction, dealer, team, etc), why my research gave me the opinion that the helmet is used and may have belonged to X player, that the helmet was represented to me as game-used by the previous seller and I always say please do your own research before bidding because I do not have a COA (if that is the case). I also start the auction at $9.99 with no reserve so I run risk too, not just the bidder. I sold what I'm sure was a fantastic helmet that I paid about $400 for not long ago for less than $100 - but that is the risk you take because many bidders don't appreciate honesty enough and it scares them away. And since I buy my items at retail (i.e. I have no great contacts in other words), I generally do take a loss, but that's part of collecting. But throw some junk out there with a COA and a good story and you can make a ton - I've seen that done a lot as you have too. Anyway, I'm glad the hobby has you and thanks for all of your good communications. Good post on the Redskins helmet in the other thread, very informative and I will follow it.

P.S. - Let's shut this thread down, I'm sure the readers are tired of hearing it...
    i misunderstood you drj - obviously you and i are on exactly the same page when it comes to misrepresentation vs honesty. btw, i'm sorry to hear that you've taken losses in the past, especially in those cases where you believe your honesty may have scared bidders away. at least your great looking steelers helmet sold for quite a bit more than the previous time it was listed on ebay!
    robert

Comment

Working...