Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Varitek Bat?

Varitek Bat?

I Recently Recieved A Varitek Bat And Am Wondering It's Value. It Is A Rawlings Model 456b And Is From 05. The Knob Is Marked With His Number 33, In Black Marker 31 1/4 Assuming Oz, And Varitek Written In Black Pen And A Number 32. It Is 34 1/2 Inches Shows Great Use And Not Cracked.
    Name:  DSC01909.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  196.5 KB

Name:  DSC01906.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  174.1 KB

Re: Varitek Bat?

Momen55,

Depending on the game use I would say between $300 to $400

Varitek usually swings a 35 inch bat.

I noticed that your 2005 Tek bat has his number 33 in red ink, I have a 2005 Tek bat that has his number 33 in red ink and is 34 1/2 inches like yours and guess what it has the same batch number 069 and same model number 456B, it also has 31 7/8 written in black ink for the weight.

I think Varitek would write his number in red ink to distinguish that they were 1/2 inch shorter, also on the shorter Tek bat I have the ballmarks are all on the right hitting area of the barrel, so he used this bat while hitting lefty as Tek hits with the label up.

He could have been experimenting with a shorter bat while hitting lefty as the other 05 Varitek bat that I have is 35 inches and has ballmarks on the
    right barrel area. Are the ballmarks on your bat located on the right barrel area?

Hope this helps!

Best Regards, Bobby

having the label up, the ball marks are on the right; used left handed. very solid bat with good use but no abuse. i like it. cool to know someone else has the same style bat and knows what i have as well.

this bat is for sale; $400. interested person drop me an email at oldz70@yahoo.com. thanks.