Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Lampson AMI Connection?

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    From this thread I am drawing the conclusion that 100% Authentic is nothing more than a letterhead owned by American Memorabilia used for printing their predetermined auction description which is to be signed by their puppet Lou Lampson in the hopes of giving bidders a false sense of third party independent authentication meanwhile shielding both parties from blame if a discrepancy arises.

Bryan

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    I actually think this is an unfair statement. I'm just guessing, but it doesn't seem like it's a front- the authenticators look at the items and make their judgments. They're not signing whatever is put in front of them. It's just unclear if the authentication company is also owned by the auction house. It appears to be and if so, that should be disclosed so the potential bidders can make an informed choice.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

[quote=Eric;42077]I am no closer to understanding this situation. Dave O'Brien says it's not an authentication service, and then i see an ad in the new American Memorabilia publication welcoming Ron Fukushima as 100% Authentic's newest authenticator. So it is an authentication service, but it's not... but it is.

Speaking about Ron Fukushima AMI got a really good winner check this out. My Friend bought a jersey from him in the mid 90’s it was a cowboys Thanksgiving Day double star throwback jersey. He was bragging about that jersey. He was so happy that he got that jersey from Ron that he would not stop talking about it right until he read a full page ad in the SCD from another collector who also bought a double star Thanksgiving Day jersey from Ron, asking people who bought these Cowboy throwbacks to contact him. This collector contacted the Cowboys directly and spoke to the equipment manger and found out that the Cowboys only wore them for one game and he still had them in stock and that he was going to give them to the players at the end of the season. This started a long process to for my friend to recover his money. My friend really did buy a Cowboy “turkey” from Ron and he is now one of the new authenticators for AMI in what….fake jerseys. This calls for a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It's just unclear if the authentication company is also owned by the auction house. It appears to be and if so, that should be disclosed so the potential bidders can make an informed choice.
    Eric
    (cough, cough) Wait a second, I thought 100% Authentic was just American Memorabilia's "tracking system." (cough, cough)

I've really got to take something for this nasty cold.

On a serious (and ironic) note, I would absolutely love to be banned by AMI. No matter how many times I have asked, though, they continue to solicit my business with countless emails and catalogs. Dave, can you help me out?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Fanz-
    Please email me at ecky3@aol.com
    Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I actually think this is an unfair statement. I'm just guessing, but it doesn't seem like it's a front- the authenticators look at the items and make their judgments. They're not signing whatever is put in front of them. It's just unclear if the authentication company is also owned by the auction house. It appears to be and if so, that should be disclosed so the potential bidders can make an informed choice.
    Eric
    It could be an unfair statement. I don't disagree. But in the eyes of this collector, this is how it appears to be.

I am not looking to argue nor defend my statement. Just pointing out my perception regarding the lack of info surrounding 100% Authentic. And I would be 100% receptive to them telling me otherwise.

I mean no ill will. Heck, this isn't even my thread to argue. If I am proven wrong I would be happy to retract my statement and publicly apologize. But at the moment my above statement is the most logical conclusion I can come up with given the information provided.

Bryan
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

found this statement from rich ellis:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    docellis
    Veteran
    Member # 336
    posted July 05, 2007 01:23 PM

Just to set the record straight I have never been a member of the 100% authentic team and nor will I be. Call me and if you want my reasons why.

I do authenticate hockey items for AMI but it’s through me and no one else.

The 100 % authentic team does have some respectable people that really know stuff.

Again just wanted to set the record straight.

Rich Ellis

--------------------
    CEO of Dropthepucks.com and the Spirit of the Game.
    (763) 537-4572
    Please visit
    www.dropthepucks.com/sotg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fyi, rich ellis authenticates items for AMI. here is his AMI bio:
    Game Worn Hockey Memorabilia - Rich Ellis

Rich Ellis, a long time game worn jersey collector with over 29 years of experience, started dropthepucks.com in 1999 to catalog all of the versions of every team jersey ever made (an ambitious goal!). Rich's current site is The Spirit of the Game.
    Rich graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1989 with a Bachelor of Science degree in business management. Rich purchased his first game worn jersey in the summer of 1976, and has been in the hobby ever since. Rich has been to countless shows all across North America and has seen thousands upon thousands of jerseys.
    Rich also worked for one of the leading auction houses in North America, he was the director of hockey acquisitions for Lelands.com in 2003. Rich has also been a member of the Society for International Hockey Research since 2004. He authenticates hockey memorabilia for the following major auction houses, Broadway Rick's Strikezone, Geppis Road show, American Memorabilia. Rich has also helped Lelands.com and Mastronet.com on authentications.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

so, one of AMI's authenticators is saying that he "has never been nor will ever be" part of their... tracking system. maybe someone can take him up on his offer to call him and have him explain why he won't be part of a tracking system.

rudy.