Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lampson AMI Connection?

Hello everyone-

I had an interesting experience I wanted to share with you all. After getting some advice on how to deal with Mr. Lampson's delinquency with responding to the many questions surrounding his authentication work, I asked the Better Business Bureau to help locate Lou through his company 100 Percent Authentic.

The people at the Bureau said filing a form would be a good way to get Mr. Lampson to address some of the issues, since that should be a requirement of running a business professionally, so that's what I did.

The BBB looked at the concerns and has attempted to contact Lou through the company Lampson authenticates for- "100 Percent Authentic" found here

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Default.asp

Over the years I have tried to contct Lampson or anyone through their website but have never heard back.

Here's the odd part.

Yesterday I got a letter from the BBB saying my complaint has been sent to American Memorabilia.

My problem is not with AMI, it's with the company Lampson works for 100 Percent Authentic.

Is 100 Percent Authentic owned/run by AMI?

If so, it's not very clear. On the 100 Percent Authentic website, AMI is listed as a client of 100 Percent Authentic, even quoting Victor Moreno with a "client testimonial"

Client Testimonial

"100% Authentic offers us superior service in every way. They provide us the fast service we require for our auction house and to run our very popular online auction site. The quality authentication that Lou Lampson provides is second to none. In addition, We can track our certificates efficiently, and they get them back quickly..."

Vic Moreno, President
    American Memorabilia, Inc.

I'm very confused here. Is Mr. Moreno commending his own company for providing great service to his other company? Or did the BBB send the complaint to the wrong place?

Does anyone have insight on this?

Again, my questions weren't for American Memorabilia- they in fact have been very good about answering questions and doing so in a timely fashion. Like many others, I'm just trying to ask Mr. Lampson some questions about his work.

Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Re: Lampson AMI Connection?

Eric-
    An entire thread was devoted to this subject, and I'm sure if you search, you can locate it.

Before the recent move, AMI and 100% Authentic had the same street address.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric,

100% authentic is owned by AMI. I think It was originally created years ago to possibly get into third party authentication, but they decided long ago against that. They now simply use it now like a tracking system to track the certs on the items they sell. Lou has no ownership interest, and the content on the site hasn't been updated in years....

Regards,
    Dave

I assume this is the thread? Is there any more information on this subject?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...an+memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    the content on the site hasn't been updated in years....

Regards,
    Dave
    That's actually not the case, there are new certs on there from as recently as last month...

Eric,

I have already received three emails about this thread and it doesn't look like it has even been up but a few minutes.

My understanding, based on my research from a while back, is consistent with what Dave/CollectGU wrote. AMI owns 100% Authentic and thus does not have a third-party/independent authenticator in Lou. Dave, since you also work for AMI (you do editing for them, if I remember what you stated in a previous thread correctly), please correct me if I'm wrong. However, I don't know how anyone could define Lou as an independent or third-party authenticator for American Memorabilia (since they own "his" company), which, to me is an absolutely critical issue. How could Lou's "authentications" for AMI ever be determined to be objective?

Best,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Eric,

Let me clarify. Yes, it is updated with the items because that is where the items are logged and tracked. When I say updated I mean in terms of contact info, about the company, etc...

Regards,
    Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Yesterday I got a letter from the BBB saying my complaint has been sent to American Memorabilia.

I'm very confused here. Is Mr. Moreno commending his own company for providing great service to his other company?
    Thanks
    Eric
    Eric I am not saying this is fact but from speaking with Vic and staff at AMI, I would say your assumption could be hitting the nail on the head

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

If so, it's not very clear. On the 100 Percent Authentic website, AMI is listed as a client of 100 Percent Authentic, even quoting Victor Moreno with a "client testimonial"

Client Testimonial

"100% Authentic offers us superior service in every way. They provide us the fast service we require for our auction house and to run our very popular online auction site. The quality authentication that Lou Lampson provides is second to none. In addition, We can track our certificates efficiently, and they get them back quickly..."

Vic Moreno, President
    American Memorabilia, Inc.

I'm very confused here. Is Mr. Moreno commending his own company for providing great service to his other company? Or did the BBB send the complaint to the wrong place?
    Eric,

Anyone with two neurons to rub together must realize that this whole AMI/100% Authentic thing is an absolute joke.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Reid,

Just to clarify. I don't work for AMI, but I did do some minor editing for them. I was not paid for this, and would gladly help them again if asked.

This topic has been addressed numerous times before. Lou doesn't own 100% authentic and never did. It's simply a tracking system for certs issued.

Regards,
    Dave