re: the haslett card
it doesn't have the "pjm" sticker above the facemask. either haslett chose not to wear the memorial or the photo is not from 1986. mcgroeder passed away in february of 1986 so it stands to reason that the memorial was worn from the start of the season.

i think it seems that if it's a blue facemask and has a "pjm" sticker then the photo is from 1986 only. 1985 wouldn't have the "pjm" sticker and 1987 wouldn't have a blue facemask.

there a couple of other things i noticed.

1) the neckline. roger, your kelly has a perfectly circular neck whereas game photos that we know are from 1986 seem to show a definite v-neck.

2) one of the keys, as josports mentioned, is the top or "head" of the "1". photos show a 1 with a blunt, wide top and short nose. roger, your jersey has a narrow-top "1" with a long nose. you indicate that you feel that the photo on the 1987 Pro Football Yearbook is like yours but if you compare the top of the "1"s, you can clearly see that the one in the photo is the same blunt-top/short-nose as seen in other photos.

i wonder if we're getting into the mess of trying to prove that something wasn't worn when it should be the opposite. roger, in light of everything,
what was it that caused you to initially view the jersey favorably? was there any photo evidence to support the number fonts or neckline?

rudy.