Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: August pick ups

Re: August pick ups

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Austin Jackson GU Spring Training helmet. Thanks to Josh!
    I am glad I could get the helmet to someone who appreciated it!! Enjoy.....
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Just picked this up in a trade deal....

Andy Pettitte block letter LVS C243 '95-'97 Rookie Era bat with an interesting story behind it. It came from a family friend of his that received it as a graduation present apparently. But the bat was a natural finish Pettitte model bat originally and due to a factory flaw it came out with a Rose/Pink finish to it. There was an AP story prior to Game 4 of the 1996 World Series that mentions this (added below) and the ribbing he got from it, further narrowing it down to a likely '96 World Champs year bat.
    It has a nice auto on the barrel, PET written on knob and he also was a player I was looking to add to the collection.

Ben

Yankees' pitchers can hit

By Tom Saladino, Associated Press wrier
    ATLANTA -- There will be a lot of firsts for the New York Yankees pitchers before the 92nd World Series is over.
    Reliever Mariano Rivera batted for the first time in his major-league career in Tuesday night's 5-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves in Game 3. He managed to ground out to second.
    "That was the first time I hit in a game since 1989 when I was an amateur in Panama," Rivera said.
    Game 4 starter Kenny Rogers had never batted during his big league career until last night. He singled in his first at-bat. Andy Pettitte, the Yankees' scheduled starter for Game 5 tonight has never batted either.
    "I'm not concerned about their hitting. The most important thing is that they can put down a bunt if necessary," said New York hitting coach Chris Chambliss.
    "It's just not fair," Chambliss said, "that they have to bat against what is probably the best pitching staff in baseball."
    But, he added, "If they've got a bat in their hands, they just might hit it. I've seen Kenny hit the ball in batting practice. He puts the ball in play."
    Pettitte, he said, swings for power. "I've seen him hit a couple of home runs in BP."
    Pettitte even has his own model bat, a C243 model Louisville Slugger, but due to a foul up at the factory, it's color came out a pastel pink.
    "That's his pretty bat," said teammate and personal catcher, Jim Leyritz.
    Sweet bat, never seen one of those before especially in that color. What do you think of his HOF chances? I hope he gets in.

All the big names were gone by the time I even knew that Steiner got the CRG jerseys, but I got the one that Blake Hawksworth wore in the game. Luckily, I also have two high resolution photos of him pitching in the game and was able to confirm that this was indeed the jersey that he did wear in the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

another knobless for the collection thanks to jeff scott. 80-83 tony scott D143.
    Name:  80-83 scott 3.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  204.0 KB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    I agree, I thought 300 was more than fair, he's arguably one of the top 10-15 all time. Did you get a LOA from man of steal sports, it said in the description and I never got it. I dont doubt the bat, it just would be nice to have it.

-Tony
    Carolina Clubs don't sell for a premium but the bat is very nice in person, with a great sig. I did have a COA from MOS Sports, I'm almost positive I mailed it with the bat, I'll double check when I get home and let you know.

Nick

Frank White 2000 Kansas City Monarchs Negro League Tribute game worn and autographed jersey.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

This is the week for receiving Civil Rights Game jerseys. I got Jon Jay and Joe Mather, who were the last two batters of the game. Jay struck out pinch hitting and Mather got a pinch-hit double that almost scored the tying run (Skip Schumaker was gunned down at the plate to end the game). I didn't realize it until after I bought the jerseys, but I took a shot during the game of Mather and Jay together in the dugout, which is kind of cool.

Name:  DSC04485.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  125.5 KBName:  DSC04486.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  205.3 KBName:  99740781.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  43.3 KBName:  99740785.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  18.1 KB
    I finally got around to getting a Chipper bat and couldn't decide if I wanted a broken one with MLB holo or a uncracked one. So I settled on both. I already have a photomatch.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    Attachment 40670Attachment 40671Attachment 40672Attachment 40673
    I finally got around to getting a Chipper bat and couldn't decide if I wanted a broken one with MLB holo or a uncracked one. So I settled on both. I already have a photomatch.

If you ever wanna sell that broken one, consider me interested!!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    If you ever wanna sell that broken one, consider me interested!!
    I emailed Lisa and asked for photos of the Chipper bats and the broken one was in one of the photos but wasn't on her list. I think I photomatched the other one but it isn't for sure and MLB.TV doesn't show a closeup image of it.