Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Let's See Some Baseballs!

THis one is not a vintage ball but the inscription is great. Ed Hearn sent me this ball after seeing that I had more of his game used jerseys and bats in my collection than he had save in his career.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ed Hearn's brother Tom used to be my neighbor. He works for the Nebraska PGA. Super nice guy. He told me a lot of great stories about the 1986 Mets. Did you know that Ed Hearn played on a championship team at every level of baseball he played?

I noticed in a post that you had a 1939 cedar rapids autographed baseball. I believe mmy grandfather was on that team and I was wondering if you had a list of names.

Thanks for your time

Hi Steve, just noticed this post today...I do have a Ceder Rapids ball....I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I'll look at the ball and post the names on it... What was your grandfather's name?

Okay...here are the names on the 1939 Cedar Rapids Raiders baseball: Mike Naymick, Eddie Reynolds, Del Jones, Vern Voegler, Walter Walsh, Roger Wolff, Eddie Marleau, Ollie Marquardt, Orie Arntzen, Ernie Talos, Mike Blazo, Lou Roggino, Emil Hemenway, Bob Taylor, George Binks, Stan Gehrke, and Willard (Jess) Pike.

Who was grandfather?

1955 Chicago White Sox team signed ball. Got it for christmas frm my wife a couple years back.