Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any opinions on this Rams jersey?

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this Rams jersey. I found a few pictures on Getty and the spacing under the top of the 6 and 2 look different. Just wondering if there's any chance this could be real. Thanks,
    Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6750&rd=1&rd=1

PS No, I'm not related.

Banned

Re: Any opinions on this Rams jersey?

Looks good to me. I have an Adam Archuleta white game used jersey from the same year. I know mine is good because there are some small team repairs to the jersey where material is sewn over a few holes/tears. Looks good to me but I'm no expert.

Aaron

I'll see if I can post pics. Looking more closely, the two on the front is completely different.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Replying to myself again, but I just noticed that this is the same seller that has the Alstott jersey questioned in another post. Here's the response I received when I mentioned that the numbers don't match Getty images.

"if you are referring to Holt and Az-Hakim they indeed wore these numbers but Holt changed when Hakim left and took his number. I can only represent these as game jerseys and they apppear way too clean to have been worn. Look at my Alstott. That's what happens when their worn."

But the title says "Game Worn"

Oh well.

Banned

Checked pics from early and late 2001 and fonts CLEARLY do NOT match. Bogus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Looks good to me. I have an Adam Archuleta white game used jersey from the same year. I know mine is good because there are some small team repairs to the jersey where material is sewn over a few holes/tears. Looks good to me but I'm no expert.

Aaron
    Aaron-
    Tell me your kidding? You base the authenticity of your jersey strictly on the fact that it has repairs? What about the fonts, tagging, nameplate design, etc.?????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Please also note that the number was signed AND THEN stitched on to the jersey. Notice the stitches covering the signature

Name:  stitching.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  31.3 KB

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Also, in looking at his Hakim jersey, I noticed Jim Yackel has one from the same year and it is a size 46 with no length added, this guy's is a 50 with 4 inches added? I'm no expert, but that seems like a pretty big difference for the same year for the same player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Please also note that the number was signed AND THEN stitched on to the jersey. Notice the stitches covering the signature

Attachment 5320

Eric
    Man you have an eagle eye! Nice one.

Eric,
    That is a good catch, but the white and the gold stitching are both on top of the signature. I'm trying to imagine how the gold/white numbers were signed and then stitched. Is the gold number attached to the white number in some other way?

Tom